NCAA Portal Talk

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Super pumped about this!

Have always quietly pulled for Moody.

And had a deep respect for his biding his time...

Generally speaking, when he got some playing time, he was better than solid.

Welcome back!
Yeah, I felt terrible for Moody when Alabama brought in HTT. He had put in his time and waited for his chance, then lost it to the portal. I will be pulling for him big time this year.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Yeah, I felt terrible for Moody when Alabama brought in HTT. He had put in his time and waited for his chance, then lost it to the portal. I will be pulling for him big time this year.
I mean, he still had the chance to beat out HTT and didn’t do it. I’m glad he’s coming back, but let’s not pretend like Moody is the savior at the ILB position…

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
I have nothing against Billingsley, at all, although there are a couple of drops in big games I would like back. I think he will do well with Sark, he is evidently looking for an atmosphere or ethic that is perhaps a bit more laid back than Alabama, and there is nothing wrong with wanting that. This is a move that, as they say, improves both teams.

Reactions: seebell

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Savior, no, but no pretense that he was far more effective than Dylan Moses with his 2020 playing time
That's fair. I didn't mean to imply anyone here actually thinks he's the savior at the ILB position. My whole point was we need to temper our expectations, because he would have been playing if he were really THAT good.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I have nothing against Billingsley, at all, although there are a couple of drops in big games I would like back. I think he will do well with Sark, he is evidently looking for an atmosphere or ethic that is perhaps a bit more laid back than Alabama, and there is nothing wrong with wanting that. This is a move that, as they say, improves both teams.
He put on a Bama uni and went out and half-***** it...in a Championship game...amongst others...
I know he's a kid, but I hope we crush him in the fall.
I wish I could give proper credit here because I'm stealing this, but I hope we go all Jordan/Pippen like they did on Kukoc in the Olympics!!! Screw Billingsley and his helicopter PITA Dad...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
That's fair. I didn't mean to imply anyone here actually thinks he's the savior at the ILB position. My whole point was we need to temper our expectations, because he would have been playing if he were really THAT good.
You missed my point entirely.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Most likely this was a situation where the police had someone pulled over on the shoulder and Billingsley didn’t “shift over” and leave the lane open next to emergency vehicle.

Years ago Georgia had this “yield the lane to the emergency vehicle” law in before it was passed in Alabama. I was riding to a meeting in Atlanta with a colleague and he got tagged for “failure to yield”.

Saying he “wasn’t aware” of the Georgia law got him absolutely nowhere.
And it doesnt matter if you have nowhere to go

Reactions: CB4

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Thanks - so the 2011 team had no WRs who anyone would remotely consider to be a dominant guy, much less an Alpha. But that really was a different era in college football. It all started to change in 2012.
Maybe not an Alpha as it has been defined in this thread, but Kevin Norwood made several clutch catches in the NC game vs. LSU.

Marquis Maze was the leader as far as stats go, and the deep threat guy. Kenny Bell was another deep threat.

But yeah, different era. About as different as the 1970s vs. today is.

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
I am happy to see Moody come back because it felt like he was one of those guys that stuck it out and would get to play his senior year until HTT came. I think he starts next to HTT but what does that do for guys like Lawson, Kennedy, etc.? Do they decide they don't want to wait another year and enter the portal? Also, with this news, it officially means 2023 will have 2 new ILB. We have seen that happen before and it does not work well. If Moody and HTT do start, I sure hope that Saban gets backups some actual playing time so they can develop for 2023.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.