NCAA Portal Talk

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
I am very glad that Burton is coming to Bama. He is a great player. However... It seems a little strange. Why did he want to leave UGA? He was playing a lot and they just won a national championship. Just curious.
He was ugas leading wideout in a 14-1 season but only got 500 yards (bennet is fine but quite limited). Young and our system will double that for him and put him in the first or second round if he can grab a starting role.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Question. How "huge" is this for us? From my limited knowledge, Burton seems like a a starting level receiver. But certainly not at the level of Jameson or any of our first rd guys of the past few years. Is he at Metchie level?
He had almost 500 yds and 3 TDs w/30 targets…
Jamo & Metchie had 234 targets combined.
I know you can’t extrapolate that and compare it and expect exact results, but I bet you’d like what you saw…😎

Patton

1st Team
Nov 10, 2021
Nice get!!...Be really interesting to see what they do next :) I am sure hoping for the Young ball-catchers and the young guys up front on both sides of the ball to really develop and flourish the next several months and take it into the season!!!If they do,for the most part,and we have good health for once?...Look the hell out...

Eliminating talk about our 1st year guys for now.So what can we expect out of(I believe a lot) guys who didnt get on he field last year for 1 reason or another like:
1)Payne,J M Latham,Goodwine,and Keenan?
2)Lawson and IJackson(and Blackshire)?
3)Arnold,KWilliams,JRobinson,Story,and Devonta S?
4)Milroe,whom I am Extremely High on...
5)The Brockermeyer Bros,TG Ferguson,JRoberts?(Along with JCLatham)
6)Caden Clark?

And any/all I have missed....I can see 6-7 of these guys making bigtime contributions.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Interested to see how Burton does. Our WR is going to be at least entertaining this year from a competition standpoint. Will be cool to see who emerges.

Reactions: CrimsonRuss

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Ideally, Thurston Howell III in UGA’s offense would only throw 20-25 times a game. I think Burton is a good addition. As far as 19, CNS has always said that in a perfect world your best players should be your best leaders. With Young and Anderson being 2nd year guys, I think that made things difficult. I don’t think that will be an issue in 2022. RTR

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
Nice get!!...Be really interesting to see what they do next :) I am sure hoping for the Young ball-catchers and the young guys up front on both sides of the ball to really develop and flourish the next several months and take it into the season!!!If they do,for the most part,and we have good health for once?...Look the hell out...

Eliminating talk about our 1st year guys for now.So what can we expect out of(I believe a lot) guys who didnt get on he field last year for 1 reason or another like:
1)Payne,J M Latham,Goodwine,and Keenan?
2)Lawson and IJackson(and Blackshire)?
3)Arnold,KWilliams,JRobinson,Story,and Devonta S?
4)Milroe,whom I am Extremely High on...
5)The Brockermeyer Bros,TG Ferguson,JRoberts?(Along with JCLatham)
6)Caden Clark?

And any/all I have missed....I can see 6-7 of these guys making bigtime contributions.
I'm big on Blackshire seen him on some special teams and like his energy just hope he waits and gets a chance

Reactions: Con

Patton

1st Team
Nov 10, 2021
I'm big on Blackshire seen him on some special teams and like his energy just hope he waits and gets a chance
Yep I knew he played some Special Teams.He obviously dropped weight in order to be quicker running around.I do believe that he will be a physical entity inside,in which CHarris was not.I know how high they are on Jackson and Lawson inside for sure.(Lawson was in a knee brace a big part of the year)...BTW...I like the rookie Murphy a lot and I believe there is a chance that Jeremiah Alexander may play inside.He is one of the most physical young players I have seen entering the next level since Will .....

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
Yep I knew he played some Special Teams.He obviously dropped weight in order to be quicker running around.I do believe that he will be a physical entity inside,in which CHarris was not.I know how high they are on Jackson and Lawson inside for sure.(Lawson was in a knee brace a big part of the year)...BTW...I like the rookie Murphy a lot and I believe there is a chance that Jeremiah Alexander may play inside.He is one of the most physical young players I have seen entering the next level since Will .....
Agreed about Blackshire with his physicality. Murphy also looks like a CJ Mosley clone. I dont believe Alexander will be used inside with his 250 lbs frame right now. He is a phenomenal pass rusher. Look for J. Campbell to get a look at both spots if anybody though. Just got bumped to a 5 star on a couple of recruiting sites after his performances at the all star games.

Reactions: JayBama_in_PCOLA

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
He had almost 500 yds and 3 TDs w/30 targets…
Jamo & Metchie had 234 targets combined.
I know you can’t extrapolate that and compare it and expect exact results, but I bet you’d like what you saw…😎
Jamo had similar numbers at Ohio state as Burton at uga...slightly worse actually if I recall. So yea pretty pretty pretty good.

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: The Ols

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Ideally, Thurston Howell III in UGA’s offense would only throw 20-25 times a game. I think Burton is a good addition. As far as 19, CNS has always said that in a perfect world your best players should be your best leaders. With Young and Anderson being 2nd year guys, I think that made things difficult. I don’t think that will be an issue in 2022. RTR
So he’s about 10 years behind Saban in offensive development. Fledgling AJ numbers.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.