NCAA Portal Talk

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Someone on another board said a good tight end from Utah is rumored to be looking at the portal. I think we need another TE who can start game 1 and can catch, block, etc. His name is Dalton Kincaid, so if he does enter the portal, I bet Coach Saban will be interested in talking with him.
It is behind a pay wall but he is mentioned in what you can see. Man, if Bryce had this dude on the field with all that speed...

JayBama_in_PCOLA

All-American
Oct 2, 2020
Andalusia (living in Pace/Pensacola, Fl)
It is behind a pay wall but he is mentioned in what you can see. Man, if Bryce had this dude on the field with all that speed...
Yep, more than a possession TE too.

Reactions: CoolBreeze

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
That would be a significant addition………

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Here is Kincaid's bio at Utah. Appears he transferred from San Diego to Utah where he had some very good stats. His stat line at Utah is good and his TD line is very good. I would take him.

Joefus

1st Team
Jan 3, 2021
I love this for us. If they keep the rules like this I think they’ve (ncaa) added 5 years ish to Sabans career. Like Bryant Saban is gonna go till he can’t compete at the top anymore and what usually gets older coaches in the end is subpar recruiting. If we can just fill gaps in perpetuity I really like our chances of keeping Saban past his current contract. Health permitting

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I love this for us. If they keep the rules like this I think they’ve (ncaa) added 5 years ish to Sabans career. Like Bryant Saban is gonna go till he can’t compete at the top anymore and what usually gets older coaches in the end is subpar recruiting. If we can just fill gaps in perpetuity I really like our chances of keeping Saban past his current contract. Health permitting
You probably just described why there will be changes in rules in a year or two pertaining to the portal. He ( CNS ) wins another national championship with players from the portal playing key roles, you can count on it.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Trying to find out what TE from a PAC 12 school that's being rumored.

update: I think I found out the rumor. That's all I am going to say.
Kincaid from Utah 6-4, 240 is the scuttlebutt I heard.
You probably just described why there will be changes in rules in a year or two pertaining to the portal. He ( CNS ) wins another national championship with players from the portal playing key roles, you can count on it.
I think I read that Wynn makes the 16th player to enter the portal this off-season. If that is true, it is two thirds of a recruiting class. Add juniors leaving for the NFL and senior graduations, there has to be a way for programs like Bama to recover lost talent.

Bama9001

1st Team
Sep 26, 2017
Is it reasonable to expect that we'll have 3-5 players hit the portal this week? I know the deadline is coming up, we're over the 85 limit, and may still be looking at adding another player from the portal. Seems like some guys will have to go. Went through the roster and there's not one single player I'd want to see leave but I guess that's just life in big-time college football these days.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Kincaid from Utah 6-4, 240 is the scuttlebutt I heard.

I think I read that Wynn makes the 16th player to enter the portal this off-season. If that is true, it is two thirds of a recruiting class. Add juniors leaving for the NFL and senior graduations, there has to be a way for programs like Bama to recover lost talent.
If you look at signing classes pre-portal, you would find that very few get to Senior Day with 50% still in school. This was even true when players did not go pro as juniors as so many do now. Football is a tough, physical game -- if you are not playing then you are probably leaving by the time you hit your 3rd year. The transfer portal only exacerbates that reality...especially with disgruntled or players just below the level to start.

Reactions: The Ols

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
If you look at signing classes pre-portal, you would find that very few get to Senior Day with 50% still in school. This was even true when players did not go pro as juniors as so many do now. Football is a tough, physical game -- if you are not playing then you are probably leaving by the time you hit your 3rd year. The transfer portal only exacerbates that reality...especially with disgruntled or players just below the level to start.
I know we don’t have a lot of seniors, but we do have a few, with some years more than others. Last years class had 3 high profile seniors . DeVonta, Mack and Najee.

Reactions: Padreruf

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Is it reasonable to expect that we'll have 3-5 players hit the portal this week? I know the deadline is coming up, we're over the 85 limit, and may still be looking at adding another player from the portal. Seems like some guys will have to go. Went through the roster and there's not one single player I'd want to see leave but I guess that's just life in big-time college football these days.
There are guys on the roster that we haven’t seen , but have a pretty good idea can play. Keanu koht comes to mind. He was undersized coming in, but had a really good burst

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.