NCAA Portal Talk

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
They will have to pass a resolution banning Nick Saban from coaching if they want to stop him from dominating the sport. Every rule they pass, thinking it will balance the playing field, he simply exploits to his advantage. They would have been better off never changing anything at all. And I realize some of this stuff, such as NIL, was forced upon the ncaa. But most of it was a result of over reactions from scared coaches and admins around the country who had no desire to up their work effort in the face of Coach Saban's unrelenting drive.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Is it reasonable to expect that we'll have 3-5 players hit the portal this week? I know the deadline is coming up, we're over the 85 limit, and may still be looking at adding another player from the portal. Seems like some guys will have to go. Went through the roster and there's not one single player I'd want to see leave but I guess that's just life in big-time college football these days.
Very reasonable. I think we're 2 over the scholarship limit. If we take in another transfer, it's 3 over. So I would say 3-5 is the right number.

Patton

1st Team
Nov 10, 2021
Is it reasonable to expect that we'll have 3-5 players hit the portal this week? I know the deadline is coming up, we're over the 85 limit, and may still be looking at adding another player from the portal. Seems like some guys will have to go. Went through the roster and there's not one single player I'd want to see leave but I guess that's just life in big-time college football these days.
More than reasonable.Completely expect it...Possibility List: Wont give names...

1)An O-Lineman
2 A WR
3)A DB
4)A D-Lineman
5)A LB(Either ILB or OLB)

What the hell!!I I have been wrong before a time or 2:D

I thought they attempted to "highlight" Ingraham and Ian Jackson in the spring scrimmage to give teams a looksee.Maybe I am seeing things....Thaiu Jones-Bell would easily find a new home and quickly.He is a fairly talented kid.Just too many guys ahead of him and better than him. And 3 more faster guys about to show up.If Holden is looking for a Primary role as a ball-catcher on this team or he will leave? He better start packing.Not happening.But I still think that himself and Brooks can play a big role and be kind of move the chains guys. And they will both block their ass off on the perimeter.But neither are real explosive,fast twitch guys.If you think and Know they are? I would gladly be wrong. I believe a DB will be on the road probably.Maybe Kaine Williams? Amari Kight or Tanner Bowles will be in the Portal this week IMO.And possibly a guy like a Q Robinson or a Demouy Kennedy who are good players, ready to play for someone, and willing to relocate.

Thats my list.Might miss on all of them.But be rest assured there will a handful more in that Portal this week.Happening several places to get down to 85 or lower to bring on transfer athletes like THE TIDE's Tyler Steen,Tyler Harrell,Elias Ricks,Jermaine Burton,Jahmyr Gibbs,and soon Dalton Kincaid... And possibly a guy or 2 may" retire" because of injury or hang it up and maybe become a Grad Asst. like a Kendall Randolph....RTR

Reactions: jasongilbert69

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
More than reasonable.Completely expect it...Possibility List: Wont give names...

1)An O-Lineman
2 A WR
3)A DB
4)A D-Lineman
5)A LB(Either ILB or OLB)

What the hell!!I I have been wrong before a time or 2:D

I thought they attempted to "highlight" Ingraham and Ian Jackson in the spring scrimmage to give teams a looksee.Maybe I am seeing things....Thaiu Jones-Bell would easily find a new home and quickly.He is a fairly talented kid.Just too many guys ahead of him and better than him. And 3 more faster guys about to show up.If Holden is looking for a Primary role as a ball-catcher on this team or he will leave? He better start packing.Not happening.But I still think that himself and Brooks can play a big role and be kind of move the chains guys. And they will both block their ass off on the perimeter.But neither are real explosive,fast twitch guys.If you think and Know they are? I would gladly be wrong. I believe a DB will be on the road probably.Maybe Kaine Williams? Amari Kight or Tanner Bowles will be in the Portal this week IMO.And possibly a guy like a Q Robinson or a Demouy Kennedy who are good players, ready to play for someone, and willing to relocate.

Thats my list.Might miss on all of them.But be rest assured there will a handful more in that Portal this week.Happening several places to get down to 85 or lower to bring on transfer athletes like THE TIDE's Tyler Steen,Tyler Harrell,Elias Ricks,Jermaine Burton,Jahmyr Gibbs,and soon Dalton Kincaid... And possibly a guy or 2 may" retire" because of injury or hang it up and maybe become a Grad Asst. like a Kendall Randolph....RTR
A. Kight going into his RS Junior year and not starting when we in desperate need of a tackle would make me think he is a candidate.

Wynn was another but he finally entered the portal. Ingraham is another but got decent playing time versus the ones in the spring game so who knows.

Kaine Williams is going to get PT after this next year once both safeties leave.

D. Kennedy is a candidate since he is a junior and has been moved to another position with younger players ahead of him.

T.J Bell probably could get starting time at a smaller school. I really hoped he could see the field more but he must struggle with blocking because he didn’t get in even last year with all of the injuries.

Wished we could keep them all though.

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
A. Kight going into his RS Junior year and not starting when we in desperate need of a tackle would make me think he is a candidate.

Wynn was another but he finally entered the portal. Ingraham is another but got decent playing time versus the ones in the spring game so who knows.

Kaine Williams is going to get PT after this next year once both safeties leave.

D. Kennedy is a candidate since he is a junior and has been moved to another position with younger players ahead of him.

T.J Bell probably could get starting time at a smaller school. I really hoped he could see the field more but he must struggle with blocking because he didn’t get in even last year with all of the injuries.

Wished we could keep them all though.
you are correct my friend, k. williams was drawn to the light and has entered the portal.

Reactions: Tiderollin32

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Someone on another board said a good tight end from Utah is rumored to be looking at the portal. I think we need another TE who can start game 1 and can catch, block, etc. His name is Dalton Kincaid, so if he does enter the portal, I bet Coach Saban will be interested in talking with him.
Let me steal a line from a well known movie...
'Dalton's the name'...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
What about a tight-end transfer? Seems the only missing link for the receiving core.

With our wideouts, a good one could feast in this offense!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.