NCAA Portal Talk

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Idk anything about the Texas OL but with Bijan, Worthy and possibly Addison. They have some very legit skill players. If Ewers works out their offense should be good. The question will be how quickly to they click

Reactions: seebell

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Idk anything about the Texas OL but with Bijan, Worthy and possibly Addison. They have some very legit skill players. If Ewers works out their offense should be good. The question will be how quickly to they click
Their offense will likely be explosive even without Addison - they've lots of skill players and will almost certainly be improved over last season.

Reactions: RollTide_HTTR

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
The 18yr old kid aint making these decisions. Its a parent, grandparent, uncle, or aunt. The NIL contracts are possibly not even enforceable against the player if they are a minority within the state.

Oh btw, UT kid is getting $8mm. He has 3 years before he is draft eligible. That's $2.4mm per year. Not far from the value of rookie NFL contract. His decision in year 4 likely comes down to getting a 1yr NIL that is more than his drafted compensation bracket.

True!

But that's not the way an eighteen-year old kid thinks...:cool:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Yeah, for clarification, I don't think texas will be explosive against Bama, but I'd not be surprised if they fielded one of the top scoring offenses in the country in 2022.
They will struggle. Sark is good. He got talented players... but the work ethic to get the job done, accountability, do little thing right, etc... It's nonexisting down there. I wouldn't be shocked if they got blow out first game and then win rest of the games before dropping 2 or 3 games.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
They will struggle. Sark is good. He got talented players... but the work ethic to get the job done, accountability, do little thing right, etc... It's nonexisting down there. I wouldn't be shocked if they got blow out first game and then win rest of the games before dropping 2 or 3 games.
We always get the opposition’s best shot. Plus Sark knows how best to attack us on both sides of the ball, and has a whole spring and offseason to prepare. And Billingsley and Hall will be motivated against us.

But to quote the great philosopher Mike Tyson, “Errbody gots a plan ‘til they get punched in the mouf.” And whether emotional motivation translates into focus and doing the little things right, we’ll have to see.

I expect UTw to come out sky-high. We have to survive the first 5 minutes without giving up a big play…no turnovers, no blown coverages, no kick coverage breakdowns, Young can’t get blind-sided and lose a fumble, etc. If we don’t give up anything cheap early on, we drain the emotion out of it and we win. If we give UTw a reason to believe, it’s going to be a tough slog.

The worst-case scenario is our OL struggles, UTw stuffs the run, and pass protection is a repeat of last year’s sieve. They make some good plays — runs for less than 2 yards, TFLs, sacks, hurries, etc., the crowd gets into it, and all that inspires what everybody recognizes as a talented offense.

Last edited:

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Hope you're wrong! Their 1st game is ULM. Second game is Bama. ;)

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
We always get the opposition’s best shot. Plus Sark knows how best to attack us on both sides of the ball, and has a whole spring and offseason to prepare. And Billingsley and Hall will be motivated against us.

But to quote the great philosopher Mike Tyson, “Errbody gots a plan ‘til they get punched in the mouf.” And whether emotional motivation translates into focus and doing the little things right, we’ll have to see.

I expect UTw to come out sky-high. We have to survive the first 5 minutes without giving up a big play…no turnovers, no blown coverages, no kick coverage breakdowns, Young can’t get blind-sided and lose a fumble, etc. If we don’t give up anything cheap early on, we drain the emotion out of it and we win. If we give UTw a reason to believe, it’s going to be a tough slog.

The worst-case scenario is our OL struggles, UTw stuffs the run, and pass protection is a repeat of last year’s sieve. They make some good plays — runs for less than 2 yards, TFLs, sacks, hurries, etc., the crowd gets into it, and all that inspires what everybody recognizes as a talented offense.
Bama needs to come out and play them like they hate them

Reactions: crimsonaudio

Patton

1st Team
Nov 10, 2021
Add to your list Jordan Whittington,Wyoming transfer speedster Isaiah Neylor, possibly Hall,The 3 TEs(Sanders,Billingsley,and Gunner Helm) KRob and RB Roschon Johnson,who at about 230lbs has ran for nearly 1700 yds for Texas and averages close to 6 yd a pop.If they add Addison and Ewers does play up to his obvious skills? They will be loaded for bear and possibly be a Top-3 like Offense in America.Some big IFs of course up front on both sides of the ball and in their secondary. But they are going to score a boatload of points IF Ewers does pan out.

It will be a helluva game-2 matchup for both outfits.One thing college football's so called "expert" and narrative geniuses are going to find out real soon if they dont already know it,and that is this Alabama team is going to get after QBs and get them on the ground like no other in recent memory.Will and Dallas are outstanding edge players and passrushers of course,with Anderson being the most elite,physical,and versatile Edge player I have seen in college football since Lawrence Taylor.Braswell is going to wreak havoc also.And I truly believe we will be as good,or better,with our 3 down guys,even though Phil Mathis played his ass off last year and we have to replace his 9 sacks. But with Burroughs,Goodwine,Keenan,Oatis,and even Khurtis Perry(a future AA)joining the 4 Veterans?..This room will be a big strength. Just get that interior passrush.We will be fine in the middle with Henry and whoever wins the job.But it is the backend that really has me optimistic!!...We are going to be so much better back there this season,and as far as our experience and versatility,than we were last year it will make your head swim. A healthy Hellums+Malachi. Confident Kool-aid and Jackson. Possible 1st rounders in Ricks and Battle. And a Brian Branch who will probably start 10 years in the NFL at safety down the road.

Very experienced, and very deep and versatile on defense. Possibly overwhelming and dominant.Just keep it simple. Let them just run and play.Eliminate the communication gaffes by simpifying and we will see the "busts" cease to exist,which was 1 of the 4-5 reasons we lost to A+M. and struggled in so many others. ROLL TIDE!!!!!

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Anyone know about the Texas OL? Are they supposed to be any good.

Also, it seems to me Addison has a much better shot at solidifying himself as a 1st rounder either at Bama or USC than Texas given that Texas has 2 guys coming off 800+ yard seasons. But it will be interesting to see.

Patton

1st Team
Nov 10, 2021
Anyone know about the Texas OL? Are they supposed to be any good.

Also, it seems to me Addison has a much better shot at solidifying himself as a 1st rounder either at Bama or USC than Texas given that Texas has 2 guys coming off 800+ yard seasons. But it will be interesting to see.
Addison is coming to visit TitleTown today. For how long I do not know.But I assume they will lock the doors and NOT let Jordan leave without his John Hancock on his LOI :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: As far as the Texas OL goes I do know 2-3 things. Their returning Center started all 12 games for them last year. They have 1 Guard and 1 tackle who played a lot of football for them. They signed 2 of the 3-4 most Elite HS linemen from the 22 cycle in Devon Campbell and Kelvin Banks.How ready they will be to play right off the bat is anyone's guess. What I do know is they have an elite O-Line Coach in Kyle Flood. I believe everyone would agree to that.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Addison is coming to visit TitleTown today. For how long I do not know.But I assume they will lock the doors and NOT let Jordan leave without his John Hancock on his LOI :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
That's good news...is it right to assume this will complete his tour of schools that are his main targets (USC, UTA, and Bama)?

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Addison is coming to visit TitleTown today. For how long I do not know.But I assume they will lock the doors and NOT let Jordan leave without his John Hancock on his LOI :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: As far as the Texas OL goes I do know 2-3 things. Their returning Center started all 12 games for them last year. They have 1 Guard and 1 tackle who played a lot of football for them. They signed 2 of the 3-4 most Elite HS linemen from the 22 cycle in Devon Campbell and Kelvin Banks.How ready they will be to play right off the bat is anyone's guess. What I do know is they have an elite O-Line Coach in Kyle Flood. I believe everyone would agree to that.
Where did you see that he was visiting today? Just curious because I missed that?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.