NCAA Portal Talk

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
That would hint to pure speculation by the home team fans being wrong again unfortunately.
Still a lot of smoke though...

Reactions: crimsonaudio

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I've no idea what Addison is going to do, but neither does anyone else, it seems.

If he's a good fit and joins Bama, great. If not, also great.

RTR
I think it’s hilarious Saban is basically like “Guys this is a bad idea. Oh, you’re not gonna do anything to stop it? Ok, prepare for shock and awe then…”

He knows the fastest way to get the rules to change is for him to start doing it..

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I've no idea what Addison is going to do, but neither does anyone else, it seems.

If he's a good fit and joins Bama, great. If not, also great.

RTR
Honestly I’ve really stopped caring about following recruiting and transfers as close as I did 10 years ago. There are many reasons for it, but probably the main one is that CNS has a plan and has an eye for talent like no one else in football history. Yeah I get excited when I hear a big name come, but I don’t feel near as down as I used to when they don’t because I know CNS has someone just as good and if not better on the other line.

If Addison wants to help us party in Englewood in January then great. If not then I wish him well as long as it’s not preventing us from enjoying said party.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
So far he’s made visits to usc and Texas but not to Bama. If we don’t get a visit I’d imagine we’re outta the running. The only for sure thing is everyone thinks they’re getting him apparently
Kinda reminds me of the Manning thing...
Both have gone on too long. If we get em great, but we can win without them. It's Fish or Cut Bait Time for both guys.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
Honestly I’ve really stopped caring about following recruiting and transfers as close as I did 10 years ago. There are many reasons for it, but probably the main one is that CNS has a plan and has an eye for talent like no one else in football history. Yeah I get excited when I hear a big name come, but I don’t feel near as down as I used to when they don’t because I know CNS has someone just as good and if not better on the other line.

If Addison wants to help us party in Englewood in January then great. If not then I wish him well as long as it’s not preventing us from enjoying said party.
I'm the same way. I used to read the recruiting board relentlessly. Now, meh, maybe once a month.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL

Same, I used to take off work for National Signing Day and stayed glued to ESPNU for like 12 hours. The feeling just isn’t there anymore because A) early signing day and B) I know Saban will have a plan and will fill in the gaps via the portal over a few months.

edit: stupid phone is stupid

Last edited:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I'm the same way. I used to read the recruiting board relentlessly. Now, meh, maybe once a month.
Yup..Me too actually..When Coach Saban is in charge of your recruiting, at the end of the recruiting cycle, we're either going too have the top class or will be line too..No matter it's a great position too be in as a Bama Fan..

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Same, I used to take off work for National Singing Day and stayed glued to ESPNU for like 12 hours. The feeling just isn’t there anymore because A) early signing day and B) I know Saban will have a plan and will fill in the gaps via the portal over a few months.
I enjoy National Signing Day a lot more than National Singing Day. If you heard me sing, you would understand...LOl!!!

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
The feeling just isn’t there anymore because A) early signing day and B) I know Saban will have a plan and will fill in the gaps via the portal over a few months.
C) it's getting more and more common that a 5 star or high ranked player in the class will not pan out and transfer.

Reactions: colbysullivan

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
OU picked up a QB from the portal named General Booty. I'm not kidding.
He is a relative of the “LSU Booty” clan. His dad Abram Booty played wide receiver at LSU and his uncles are Josh and John David Booty.

Back story is his father had a fascination with the military and military history thus the given name of “General”.

• Thank You
Reactions: seebell and The Ols

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
He is a relative of the “LSU Booty” clan. His dad Abram Booty played wide receiver at LSU and his uncles are Josh and John David Booty.

Back story is his father had a fascination with the military and military history thus the given name of “General”.
Literally in no way is an excuse for giving your child such an incredibly stupid name.

:ROFLMAO:

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Literally in no way is an excuse for giving your child such an incredibly stupid name.

:ROFLMAO:
My dad was a captain when I was born and there is no way he would have done that to me. And even if he wanted to my mother would have put the kibosh on that muy pronto. I wonder if that is his given name, or maybe its like our guy koolaid

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.