NCAA Sends Letter to Remind Schools They Cannot Compensate Athletes

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
:ROFLMAO:

Two weeks after Texas A&M announced a first-of-its-kind name, image and likeness initiative through its fundraising foundation, the NCAA sent a memo to member schools Monday that appears to be directed at the Aggies’ new model.

In the short email obtained by Sports Illustrated, NCAA executive vice president of regulatory affairs Stan Wilcox reminded administrators that the association’s current rules prohibit a school from compensating athletes for NIL, including “entities acting on behalf of the institution.” The memo also expressly stated that schools are prohibited from providing assets to “entities engaged in NIL,” such as priority points to stadium seating and access.

Though the email does not mention a specific school, Texas A&M appears to be in the crosshairs.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
let's all play dumb and pretend like college football isn't NFL lite. I figure the next thing will be the elimination of the 3 year rule for pro ball and then you might see the NFL become a financial partner in one of the spring leagues to make sure they have a farm system for those they take from high school that are not quite ready for the NFL.

Reactions: Tidelines

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
Who I feel sorry for are all the guys from yesteryear. Sure they got a little but not like players today. Linnie Patrick might of stayed in school if he was being payed today’s money.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
What I read:

"The NZAA, who looked the other way in the Cam Newton saga and lost the power to do anything about it years ago, told a school that once gave a Trans Am as incentive to a superstar who took the car and signed with another school, "DON'T DO THAT!"

The NZAA - a bigger paper tiger than Clemson and LSU combined.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
What I read:

"The NZAA, who looked the other way in the Cam Newton saga and lost the power to do anything about it years ago, told a school that once gave a Trans Am as incentive to a superstar who took the car and signed with another school, "DON'T DO THAT!"

The NZAA - a bigger paper tiger than Clemson and LSU combined.
Ding Ding Ding!!!

We have a winner!

twofbyc

Suspended
Oct 14, 2009
I’m taking the NCAA’s lead - I just told my granddaughters they could never date guys with tattoos or body piercings.
I’m 100% certain it will be just as effective.
😏🙄

HighlandOak

1st Team
Mar 8, 2023
let's all play dumb and pretend like college football isn't NFL lite. I figure the next thing will be the elimination of the 3 year rule for pro ball and then you might see the NFL become a financial partner in one of the spring leagues to make sure they have a farm system for those they take from high school that are not quite ready for the NFL.
Sounds about right. Real question is how much longer. When does the NFL CBA run out?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Texas A&M football: Aggies WR Jalen Preston signs NIL deal with bail bonds company (247sports.com)

This might rank as my favorite so far:

Texas A&M wide receiver Jalen Preston signed a name, image and likeness (NIL) deal with a local bail bonds company this week, he announced on his Instagram. Preston becomes the latest Aggies football player to cash in on his SEC status.

"Excited to announce my partnership with partnership with Gage Gandy Bail Bonds," Preston wrote in the post's caption. "Ready to help the Aggies get their feet back on the street!"

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Don't know if anyone else saw it but this morning on NBC's Today show there was a piece featuring ND's president and athletic director. They were initially in favor of NIL but now they both are speaking out that they have changed their minds. Basically saying it will ruin the student athlete concept and that there is no way to hold the collectives accountable.

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
Don't know if anyone else saw it but this morning on NBC's Today show there was a piece featuring ND's president and athletic director. They were initially in favor of NIL but now they both are speaking out that they have changed their minds. Basically saying it will ruin the student athlete concept and that there is no way to hold the collectives accountable.
So we are all smarter than ND’s president and AD. We thought that from the get go.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.