NCAA Sends Letter to Remind Schools They Cannot Compensate Athletes

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Don't know if anyone else saw it but this morning on NBC's Today show there was a piece featuring ND's president and athletic director. They were initially in favor of NIL but now they both are speaking out that they have changed their minds. Basically saying it will ruin the student athlete concept and that there is no way to hold the collectives accountable.
As a reminder, Notre Dame was the first institution to go ca$h in on a contract all by themselves with NBC.

They started a lot of the problem, hence, they can "get bent" for all I care.

TIDE24

1st Team
Jan 12, 2000
Bartlett, TN
Texas A&M football: Aggies WR Jalen Preston signs NIL deal with bail bonds company (247sports.com)

This might rank as my favorite so far:

Texas A&M wide receiver Jalen Preston signed a name, image and likeness (NIL) deal with a local bail bonds company this week, he announced on his Instagram. Preston becomes the latest Aggies football player to cash in on his SEC status.

"Excited to announce my partnership with partnership with Gage Gandy Bail Bonds," Preston wrote in the post's caption. "Ready to help the Aggies get their feet back on the street!"
This is great! A&M is the bad news bears.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
As a reminder, Notre Dame was the first institution to go ca$h in on a contract all by themselves with NBC.

They started a lot of the problem, hence, they can "get bent" for all I care.
I really don't care about ND either, but I thought it was newsworthy this kind of perspective is coming out.

I think the NCAA has created a mess and it's like the wild wild west now.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.