NCAA Slams Tennessee With 18 Infractions Under Former Coach Jeremy Pruitt

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
I always enjoyed the rumors that were coming out about that time he was at Georgia
there have been some interesting ones and I would love to know which ones were true. My favorite rumor was the one where after the florida game he supposedly drove to Richts house and tried to fight him.

I will say again it is a rumor and in no way proven as fact lol

• Haha
Reactions: TideEngineer08

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
there have been some interesting ones and I would love to know which ones were true. My favorite rumor was the one where after the florida game he supposedly drove to Richts house and tried to fight him.

I will say again it is a rumor and in no way proven as fact lol
Yeah but knowing Jeremy used to run around with Propst…. You can’t fully dismiss it right away.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
considering Propst as well as what we have seen at TN, it makes you want to give validity to the claims of the rumors that were happening at the time.
Well the problem is that Jeremy believes he is God’s greatest gift to the game of football and treats everyone that way. He learned from Propst, and is paying for it like Propst.

I’ll give Jeremy this… he can coach defense, but he is an idiot at playing politics. He might have made a decent HC had he waited for a mid tier job and worked his way up. But he took the Tennessee job when they had just been shot down by their top 5 choices, had to take away an offer to a coach they officially hired because of a bull crap protest by the fans, fired their AD for talking to Leach, and hired Phil as the new AD in a span of two months. You had to be fool to take that job.

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
Well the problem is that Jeremy believes he is God’s greatest gift to the game of football and treats everyone that way. He learned from Propst, and is paying for it like Propst.

I’ll give Jeremy this… he can coach defense, but he is an idiot at playing politics. He might have made a decent HC had he waited for a mid tier job and worked his way up. But he took the Tennessee job when they had just been shot down by their top 5 choices, had to take away an offer to a coach they officially hired because of a bull crap protest by the fans, fired their AD for talking to Leach, and hired Phil as the new AD in a span of two months. You had to be fool to take that job.
then pair it with a low salary on top of that. He should have pulled a page from venables book and enjoyed being a high paid coordinator

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Tennessee's program was moving along (mostly) just fine.

Then they decided that "we need to cripple Alabama" was their route to success. In the process, the only program they've nuclear bombed is their own. We may have been "staring down the barrel of a gun," but it seems that in James Bond fashion we've gotten out of an un-get-out-of-able situation and turned the gun on them.

I'm sure the Vols version of history now is, "They sent that mole, Pruitt, to destroy us 'cause theys just jealous of us!"
Phatlock's MO was knifing someone in the back, so this would be consistent... :cool:

This has Phatimus' fingerprints all over it.

Pruitt was probably too stupid to take notes and document things that would have implicated Phats.:rolleyes:

bvandegraff

All-American
Mar 13, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
A few thoughts on this situation:

1. In the immortal words of the late, great Bullet Bob Armstrong "If you lay down with dogs, you're gonna get fleas."

2. Has anyone ever done a paternity test with Probst and Pruitt?

3. The schadenfreude is off the charts.

Reactions: J0eW

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Let me point out that Phats HAD to be cleared of involvement or else the school would have been tagged with the dreaded LOIC violation.

IMO, Phats orchestrated everything that went on and was told to resign immediately and they (the PTB) would quietly cover his tracks...:cool:

If you look at the others (other than Pruitt) involved in this and find out who hired them, a lot of fingers point to the AD, not the HC.

Meet the culprits in Jeremy Pruitt's Tennessee football recruiting scandal

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Pruitt was a great coach and a great DC, but In my interactions with him back in his Hoover High days, he never impressed me as “the sharpest crayola in the box of 64”.

Given some of stories I had heard about “skirting” the edges by Pruitt in recruiting, I was more than a little concerned when he returned to Bama in 2016. I just trusted that CNS kept him “under his thumb”.

Yep…stupid is as stupid does.
I agree, but Jeremy is one heck of a DC.
Jeremy may be guilty, but a part of me sez he was also used and cast aside by Fat Phil. Kind of a designated fall guy.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
My first question is does the NCAA even have authority to punish Tennessee any more? If not then why bother investigating.

As for pruitt he was a Hoover High DB coach when Saban pulled him in for an off field job. He move quickly to an of field job and did well, but he wanted too much too soon, he somehow got hired as the DC for Florida State, I felt he wasn't ready but proved he can coach, was great there, then he went to Georgia and ****ed everybody off and got thrown out the door. Saban recognized he had talent as a DC and brought him back and he did well and his career was back on track, but once again he wanted too much too soon. Being a DC is one thing, but the step up to head coach of a legacy SEC school is like the difference between Birmingham Mayor and President of the United States. There is a LOT of muddy water between the two and Pruitt was no where near ready for that leap. To make matters worse he had Satan himself for a boss. The day he took that job is the day he ended his career.

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
Joxfm was really hammering on pruitt's wife this morning in this whole ordeal. Sounded like a a bunch of back handed allegations.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
This was merely a hit piece on Pruitt. The total money given was probably less than Odell Bechams 2019 locker room giveaway. I heard most of the mcdonalds sacks contained less than $300. Seems this could have been a slap on the wrist, make restitution and CJP kept his job. UT wanted Pruitt out, the slimey dogs.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
This was merely a hit piece on Pruitt. The total money given was probably less than Odell Bechams 2019 locker room giveaway. I heard most of the mcdonalds sacks contained less than $300. Seems this could have been a slap on the wrist, make restitution and CJP kept his job. UT wanted Pruitt out, the slimey dogs.
Yeah but how many Big Macs and double quarter pounders were in those bags? It adds up.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Why?

They fessed up to tons of violations, cleaned out the football staff and fired the AD -- the second time he'd been fired by his alma mater -- and self-imposed some other sanctions. Nothing material is going to happen.

Are they worried about their reputation? If so, how do you damage a stinking smoking pile of rubble from the demolition of a sewage treatment plant?
No……. They think the REC wrecked them

Reactions: dtgreg

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.