Need help: best fig preserves

BamaLuver

G&C | FB Moderator
Aug 16, 2000
Mobile, AL
Yep -- my sister picked figs this week. A day's worth of hard work for a year's worth of pleasure! :) She doesn't even eat them, but her hubby has figs every morning with a biscuit!

RamJamHam

Suspended
Jan 28, 2009
I made some this year and did it a little differently than usual. I used equal amounts of figs and sugar, and let them sit overnight in the refrigerator. I added lemon slices (one whole lemon to about 10 cups of figs) and added a dash of ginger to each pot. It was very good, but be careful with the ginger as it is very easy to get way too much in a hurry.

TideRollsInVa

All-SEC
Oct 16, 1999
Lake Martin, AL & Atlanta
Returning (moving) home to BAMA next week but am staying here in VA just long enough to gather the figs and bring to a low boil. Best fig production I've ever gotten out of that tree and it's been reaping plenty over the past dozen years or so. Also the most and largest tomatoes I've ever grown, all Heirlooms planted from seeds from "Bob's Tomato" mail order in my "AeroGarden" with the separate seed starter kit. I really questioned if those little planting "pods" would work but oh-boy-howdy did they ever. Planted 50 seeds, did not lose a one and furnished many neighbors with their plants, some said why bother, you give us all the vine riped tomatoes we could ever need, the smart ones. I canned 7 qts yesterday. Sorry I hi-jacked the fig thread with my rambling.

Garden Starter Tray (For 6-Pod & 7-Pod AeroGardens)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.