New ‘Athletics Competition Arena’ on Alabama trustee meeting agenda According to Al.com

BamaBooey

Scout Team
Jan 29, 2020
A #1 team helps build atmosphere.

So what will they do with Coleman after this is built?
I'd keep it and make it basketball practice facilities. Get rid of the seats and make the whole place a world class basketball practice facility.

Trey1121

Mar 17, 2019
I’m grateful they made this decision! I love the inside but the outside looks nice but it’s not impressive at all. Reminds me of the old natatorium. doesn’t even look like a 10K arena from the outside. I would love for it to give we a more “grand” looking facility just like BDS does. Looks like it will be mostly underground. Maybe they will correct that when they do the actual plans. Love the location but hope they add a parking deck. Wonder if McFarland will get ramps to enter/exit campus near the arena? The Blvd. is currently getting more lanes just north of the river now and it still won’t be enough for the traffic count on a typical weekday.
I just hope they do it right the first time! RTR

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I'd keep it and make it basketball practice facilities. Get rid of the seats and make the whole place a world class basketball practice facility.
For who? I think you want your team practicing on its home court as much as possible. I know there's another practice gym in Coleman and I'm not sure how much it got used, but the more you shoot on your home rims the better!

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
It looks very nice but it's too small and will be obsolete the day it is finished. I know that is not a popular opinion because newer is always better right? If the goal is to elevate the program to compete with the Kentucky's of the world, this won't do it.

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
It looks very nice but it's too small and will be obsolete the day it is finished. I know that is not a popular opinion because newer is always better right? If the goal is to elevate the program to compete with the Kentucky's of the world, this won't do it.
Agree on being too small. Should be 12,500 to 13,000 at least.

BamaBooey

Scout Team
Jan 29, 2020
I agree. No need to have a big stadium for a crowd that mainly sits down the entire game. Better to have an intimate feel of thousands of students breathing on you.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.