Link: New In-Season Hoops Tournament - $2M to winning team

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

each team splits $1M
Winning team splits another $1M

According to sources with knowledge of the situation, tournament organizers are in discussions with Alabama, Duke, FAU, Houston, Kansas, Oregon, San Diego State, St. Joe’s, Syracuse, and Virginia to participate. Each team will also receive free travel, lodging, and meals during the event.

CrimsonTitles

1st Team
Mar 30, 2015
Interesting. This is actually a really good idea. This should be a heck of a tournament. Most of those teams are usually good, and you know you're gonna get everyone's best. This should make for great basketball, and also good prep for the postseason.

Reactions: bamamc1

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
American sports.... becoming more European every day.

which means that college teams will just become club rec teams and players can go pro at 16.

I'm all for anything that brings in revenue for Bama. But really, the revenue will/should go to the players in the current pay me now environment.

overall, I'm not a fan of this type of thing... but I hope we're in and win. :D

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
The tournament is giving out $9,000,000 just in prize money, not counting the expenses and everything. That’s some serious backing.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.