New member.

paulpatt48

3rd Team
Oct 12, 2020
Recently joined this group. Have been a BAMA fan for as long as I can remember. Just turned 72 in August, so have been around for the good and bad . I was born in Alabama but family moved to Tennessee before I was a year old. My wife and I both went to high school with Phatumus Phillip. Wife in same grade. Her entire family bleeds orange. I finally converted her after we got married in 1969 and she loves “her” TIDE. We moved from Tennessee in 1975 and have no desire to return except to visit family. Don’t know a lot about the X’s and O’s Of the game just a die hard BAMA fan. I know it’s is a long post but just wanted to say hello. ROLL TIDE !!

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Recently joined this group. Have been a BAMA fan for as long as I can remember. Just turned 72 in August, so have been around for the good and bad . I was born in Alabama but family moved to Tennessee before I was a year old. My wife and I both went to high school with Phatumus Phillip. Wife in same grade. Her entire family bleeds orange. I finally converted her after we got married in 1969 and she loves “her” TIDE. We moved from Tennessee in 1975 and have no desire to return except to visit family. Don’t know a lot about the X’s and O’s Of the game just a die hard BAMA fan. I know it’s is a long post but just wanted to say hello. ROLL TIDE !!
Welcome, pretty good bunch here, most everyone cool here.

Reactions: paulpatt48

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
A big crimson “howdy” to you and your sensible wife 🤗

Looking forward to your presence and perspective. Roll Tide!!!

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
So you must have graduated from Franklin County HS in Winchester, TN. I grew up in Fayetteville in adjacent Lincoln County.

Welcome to the best forum on the internet. There is a lot to see here and a lot more than I can keep up with. There are plenty of people who do know a lot about X's and O's if you want to learn more.

Don't miss the game threads on the weekends, and don't forget about basketball.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Really excellent introductory post, @paulpatt48 !

72 years is a pretty good run and it's always helpful to have a little more wisdom added to the brain trust here. Some days more than others...lol.....

I'm 66 BTW so you have me a by a few years but not by much. :)

I think we're going to have a great ending to the football season too, so great timing to hop aboard.

All the best to you and yours!
Baz

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
My wife and I both went to high school with Phatumus Phillip.
Welcome, I love the moniker you gave to the caloric challenged AD at UT. I wish I could photoshop his image laying on a couch while wearing a toga and being feed donuts like a corrupt Roman senator.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Welcome to Tide Fans.
We have some members who are very knowledgeable, then there are the rest of us.
Join us and lets talk Alabama Football.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Hey, paulpatt welcome to Tidefans. If you have been following you will know there are a lot of really smart (football wise and other) folks on here who can show you the ropes. Follow the rules, enjoy the discussions and camaraderie, and if you have a question, ask our own resident expert Selmaborntidefan. Great to have you with us and best wishes for a joyful and safe Thanksgiving. Roll Tide

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Welcome, philpat...glad you’re here!

I do think TideFans is the best board on the net, and a lot of that is the rules of the board and the quality of person those rules attract. Read them, follow them, and you’ll have a great time.

One big thing that sometimes surprises new posters — TF is serious about not allowing either profanity or links to sites that contain it.

Exactly what constitutes profanity can sometimes be hard to define. So I use the 4th grade Sunday School test.....if you wouldn’t say the word while speaking class of 10-year-olds in Sunday School, don’t use it or link to it here, and all will be well.

A couple of other things:
We’re here to discuss. There will sometimes be debate, which means not everyone will agree with everyone else. The mantra here is, “disagree in an agreeable manner.”

For example, “You’re crazy if you don’t see it my way,” is unacceptable. “I saw it differently....here’s why,” is what we’re here for.

Finally, it’s sometimes hard to read intent, especially when that intent is to be humorous or sarcastic. So blue font is the board convention for that.

Looking forward to reading your perspective on all topics, not just sports!

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Welcome. If you’ve monitored the board before joining, you likely have a good idea of how we work.

Always enjoy having a die hard that’s also not a closet Championship Coach. It’s more fun bashing on the refs and raging 😤 on Tigers and Urnge Fans, than seeing the team and coaches picked apart by our own

Have fun. And above all welcome.

paulpatt48

3rd Team
Oct 12, 2020
So you must have graduated from Franklin County HS in Winchester, TN. I grew up in Fayetteville in adjacent Lincoln County.

Welcome to the best forum on the internet. There is a lot to see here and a lot more than I can keep up with. There are plenty of people who do know a lot about X's and O's if you want to learn more.

Don't miss the game threads on the weekends, and don't forget about basketball.
FCHS 1966.

Reactions: Go Bama

paulpatt48

3rd Team
Oct 12, 2020
Really excellent introductory post, @paulpatt48 !

72 years is a pretty good run and it's always helpful to have a little more wisdom added to the brain trust here. Some days more than others...lol.....

I'm 66 BTW so you have me a by a few years but not by much. :)

I think we're going to have a great ending to the football season too, so great timing to hop aboard.

All the best to you and yours!
Baz
Thanks Bazza. I look forward to the rest of the season. RTR

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: Bazza

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.