New Staff Member - Arnie Guin

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
From the article:
“Guin (pronounced GYOO-in) was a registered psychotherapist in the state of Colorado, a life skills counselor and one of the few official "mental skills coaches" in all of college basketball.”

He’s not from NW AL but pronounces our last name correctly. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
From the article:
“Guin (pronounced GYOO-in) was a registered psychotherapist in the state of Colorado, a life skills counselor and one of the few official "mental skills coaches" in all of college basketball.”

He’s not from NW AL but pronounces our last name correctly. [emoji6]

I grew up in Hamilton and thought the same thing.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I'm from Walker Co so I know where Guin is too. But isn't there a nearby location also name "Gu-Win?"
Yes, on old 78 between Guin & Winfield. The latter is my hometown. it is it’s own incorporated town too. Home of the Blue Moon Drive In. And that’s about it, haha. Both towns have tried to annex it but to no avail. Doesn’t have a post office though so they have a Guin address.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
Yes, on old 78 between Guin & Winfield. The latter is my hometown. it is it’s own incorporated town too. Home of the Blue Moon Drive In. And that’s about it, haha. Both towns have tried to annex it but to no avail. Doesn’t have a post office though so they have a Guin address.

What was the name of the catfish place in Gu-Win? I remember going there a good bit mid to late 80's.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.