New Tide Fan Here from Louisiana

Pilot172000

1st Team
Sep 25, 2017
Winnsboro, LA
My name is David from Winnsboro LA and I plan to graduate from UA in December of 2018 through the New College Life Track Program. I was born in Baton Rouge from two LSU graduates but don't let that fool you. The moment I decided to attend UA, I was met with open arms from the best faculty and fan base I had ever met. That sealed it for me. I am 34, married with three kids and another future alum on the way. I have been stalking this board since the season started and finally decided to join the Crimson family this week. So here's to another great season may we never taste defeat!!

David

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
My name is David from Winnsboro LA and I plan to graduate from UA in December of 2018 through the New College Life Track Program. I was born in Baton Rouge from two LSU graduates but don't let that fool you. The moment I decided to attend UA, I was met with open arms from the best faculty and fan base I had ever met. That sealed it for me. I am 34, married with three kids and another future alum on the way. I have been stalking this board since the season started and finally decided to join the Crimson family this week. So here's to another great season may we never taste defeat!!

David
Welcome, glad to hear you had a great UA experience!

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Some day, you will be able to tell your children you joined on what may turn out to be an historic day.

(Ref. what is going on, over in the Basketball forum.)

Pilot172000

1st Team
Sep 25, 2017
Winnsboro, LA
My first Bama memory was in Tiger Stadium in 1992 as a kid and cussing under my breath as they beat LSU's brains out. This last year, when Bama offered me the moon to have to opportunity to walk across their stage for a diploma, I held my nose and accepted. What I found was a family and culture that I had been missing out on my whole life. My wife and kids have even bought in. This last weekend, I was in town for a class and found myself at the Brass Tap Room for game day! What an experience!!

Last edited:

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I love conversion stories!
Not to detract from the OP's great post, but this reminds me of a story from my wife's co-worker. He was from another state, but when it came time to pick a college, he ends up looking at an old picture of him as a kid. For some reason he had on a Snoopy Alabama t-shirt. That helped him choose Alabama, and now he's an Alabama graduate, fan, and works in the state.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Not to detract from the OP's great post, but this reminds me of a story from my wife's co-worker. He was from another state, but when it came time to pick a college, he ends up looking at an old picture of him as a kid. For some reason he had on a Snoopy Alabama t-shirt. That helped him choose Alabama, and now he's an Alabama graduate, fan, and works in the state.
My wife "grew up" in a Miss. State family. She (and I) still root for them as long as they are not playing Bama. I knew the process was complete when she started buying Bama clothes!

Pilot172000

1st Team
Sep 25, 2017
Winnsboro, LA
I originally went to Louisiana Tech and learned how to be a redheaded stepchild. My baby brother is at LSU now so there is no way I root for the tiggers. My wife could't get over the fact that everyone we came into contact were so nice to us. She jumped on board almost immediately and we now look for reasons to take the kids to Tuscaloosa.

David
Welcome aboard sir. It’s a great board. Roll Tide!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
I am new here also but WELCOME.I wold like to give advice about the forum but being new I am still figuring it out myself.ROLL TIDE

bamafan76

1st Team
Sep 19, 2004
Kenner, LA
Welcome David! I too am from LA, born and raised in BR and transitioned to the NOLA area in early 2000. I've followed Bama since the late 90's with strong family ties to them as well. I'm also in the NCLT program at UA and hope to finish next December. I've been on this board for years and agree with everyone else who's said it, this is the BEST board out there!

Roll Tide!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.