New Zealand might change its name

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

To save you a click, they push to change the name is linked to a desire to sever ties with its colonial past and to better signify the indigenous people of the country.

I don't care what they do. But I hope they change it so I can laugh at people who freak out over something that happens on the other side of the world that has zero impact on their lives. Or some guy living in a trailer in Jasper saying he will never go there in protest.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

To save you a click, they push to change the name is linked to a desire to sever ties with its colonial past and to better signify the indigenous people of the country.

I don't care what they do. But I hope they change it so I can laugh at people who freak out over something that happens on the other side of the world that has zero impact on their lives. Or some guy living in a trailer in Jasper saying he will never go there in protest.
Before I finished reading that yesterday, I was thinking "Maoriland"... :)

Reactions: seebell

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
I would be willing to never go in protest, but I don't live in a trailer.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

most of those folks are busy hating on cracker barrel right now

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I can't be the only one who saw the thread title and thought they were going to change the name to New AND IMPROVED now, can I?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I don't care what anyone does, I just hope Mississippi doesn't remove the Rebel flag portion of the state flag to bow to those liberal d-bags......

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
"You may know it as Myanmar - but it'll always be BURMA to me!"
J Peterman

"I was in Sri Lanka - formerly Ceylon."
Del Preston (Wayne's World 2)
I know you are quoting TV/movies, but mine isn't a quote and it is a thing that actual human people (or idiots) believe. Of course those same people don't think the Moon is real or space is real and the Earth is flat so there is that.

• Wow
Reactions: Maudiemae

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I know you are quoting TV/movies, but mine isn't a quote and it is a thing that actual human people (or idiots) believe. Of course those same people don't think the Moon is real or space is real and the Earth is flat so there is that.
Really?

My goodness, I didn't know that, but I've known it was a place since I was about 7, too.

Old Zealand is "in the Netherlands".

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Yep, it is a thing among the flat earth crowd. I know someone that lived there for 5 years. I had to be the one to tell him he lived in a fake place. He found it hilarious.
The Flat Earth crowd, though, is the same as the "OJ Was Innocent" crowd, the "1/6 Was Just a Sight Seeing Tour that Got out of Hand" crowd, and the Fake Moon Landing crowd.

They KNOW.....

I appreciated that when Mike Wilbon admitted back when it was one of the anniversaries of the Bronco chase that he was JUST PRETENDING that OJ was actually innocent and knew he was guilty back in 1994. There's a bunch of them, too, and a few with law degrees from Facebook U that frequent You Tube.

I just honestly did not know this until you told me.

I remember when I learned there is an actual STATE called New South Wales.

(Side note: one of my former co-workers was a pretty intelligent guy, and he had no doubt OJ did it, but he subscribed to the Bama in Boston theory - the Dershowitz Nonsense - that the cops tried to juice up the evidence with extra blood. Why? "Because there was EDTA in the sample, and EDTA doesn't occur in blood." You should have seen the look of shock on his face when I said, "Yes, but the blood was off of a painted structure and a sock...and EDTA occurs in paint thinner AND wash detergent").

oskie

All-SEC
Jan 28, 2005

...how about just calling it Zealand

... surely the New has worn off by now :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.