New Zealand might change its name

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

To save you a click, they push to change the name is linked to a desire to sever ties with its colonial past and to better signify the indigenous people of the country.

I don't care what they do. But I hope they change it so I can laugh at people who freak out over something that happens on the other side of the world that has zero impact on their lives. Or some guy living in a trailer in Jasper saying he will never go there in protest.
If all the Kiwis of European descent return to Europe, I'll be impressed.
Otherwise, just watching people try to pronounce that name will be entertaining.

Reactions: seebell

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
hating on cracker barrel. it's the new outrage

I did do the Impossible Whopper one time. I enjoyed it. Clearly no more healthy than beef but for those with an ethical objection I get it.

Reactions: TIDE-HSV and 92tide

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I know you are quoting TV/movies, but mine isn't a quote and it is a thing that actual human people (or idiots) believe. Of course those same people don't think the Moon is real or space is real and the Earth is flat so there is that.
Well, I know otherwise intelligent people who really do believe in astrology and who've gotten offended at my pointing out that it is a rival religion to Christianity, etc. One mentioned constellations on our local neighborhood group and got POed when I said that they existed only in the human brain converting three dimensions into two. I remember one cartoon where a girl asks a guy what constellation he was born under and he replies "dinosaur." She says "That's not a real one." He replies "None of them are"... :)

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
"You may know it as Myanmar - but it'll always be BURMA to me!"
J Peterman

"I was in Sri Lanka - formerly Ceylon."
Del Preston (Wayne's World 2)
Haha. I’ve made 10 trips or so to Myanmar. With the locals this is actually a big deal. For the same reason NZ changed theirs.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I can't be the only one who saw the thread title and thought they were going to change the name to New AND IMPROVED now, can I?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I don't care what anyone does, I just hope Mississippi doesn't remove the Rebel flag portion of the state flag to bow to those liberal d-bags......
I want to see Ole Sis change their Mascots half a dozen more times.
My suggestions for new mascots are The Fighting Squirrels, or The Blue Catfish...

• Love
Reactions: TIDE-HSV

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.