Question: Next D1 Coach To Win His 1st National Championship?

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I think Kirby's best window to win a NC is quickly closing and all depending on how much Florida improves in Mullen's second year. It may have already closed. I think Florida beats UGA next season. According what I'm reading, Kirby is bringing the former OC from the Browns to "fundamentally change the offense". I don't think they have a Joe Burrow on the roster and if I'm not mistaken, they are losing a lot of experience and talent. That's not a recipe for a NC run in 2020. But no one saw LSU coming either. So who knows?
I agree!

Kirby's best years are probably behind him now... :cool:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
UGA has to stop recruiting so well for their window to truly close IMO.

They brought in a transfer QB who allegedly is pretty good. PFF is pretty high on him FWIW. He may not be Joe Burrow but I'm not sure they would need him to be with their consistent defense.

Also, we may or may not be the Alabama of past and LSU is taking a step back with all they lost so if there is a year for the East to win the SEC this is it.
PFF? Finebaum...? :cool:

LOL

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
If Chizik can, Gus can.
Gus has the opposite problem that Saban does. Saban can pretty much keep the team focused and steady the entire year then for whatever reason. When the Iron Bowl gets here he gets out coached and it's the regular season game in which the team appears to be the least prepared. Where as Gus, is about as inconsistent during the regular season then all of a sudden is able to summons the football gods from the corners of the universe and get his team to play like world beaters in the Iron Bowl. Then turn around and will lay an egg in the bowl game. Like they did this season.

Gus' record at Auburn by year:
2013: 12-2
2014: 8-5
2015: 7-6
2016: 8-5
2017: 10-4
2018: 8-5
2019: 9-4

*Bowl record as HC of Auburn 2-5

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
I'm shocked no one has said Malzahn.
It's coming! Just ask any barner. And I mean ANY barner. Whether they love Gus no matter what or if they want him fired yesterday, they all have one thing in common. They ALL think that a national title is inevitable for him. Strangest bunch of yokels I have ever come across..

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
I didn't know much about Ryan Day until I heard him interviewed on an Ohio sports radio station.

I came away impressed at how knowledgeable and poised he was answering the questions.

I think he proved in his first year that he will be a coach that will have much success in the future.

Under his leadership, I think OSU will be a top 5 team year in and year out.
Ryan Day is a good man and a good coach. Wouldn't be opposed to him being on the long list for future Bama coaches.

Reactions: 12Namath12

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.