NFL Combine 2022

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Not really.

3 cone drills is usually for RB/TE/WR prospects. It tests hip fluidity/flexibility and agility for offensive players who run routes and cutting.

As far as DB/Safeties....
Three-cone drill
  • Record holder: J.T. Thomas, CB, 2018
  • Time: 6.28 seconds
  • Yeah, but: Thomas went undrafted in 2018. He was signed by the Eagles as an undrafted free agent but was cut soon after.
  • Top five since 2006:
RankPlayerTimePos.Year
1.Jordan Thomas6.28CB2018
2.Jeffrey Maehl6.42WR2011
3.Buster Skrine6.44DB2011
T4.Scott Long6.45WR2010
T4.David Long6.45CB2019
The numbers showed by CB/DB.... Doesn't always translate to NFL sucess... I think 3 cone drill give us an idea of how good they are at able to cut right, but that's it. SO No, JAD has nothing to gain by 3 cone drills.

As matter of fact, I don't think Bolden should do it anyway.

• Thank You
Reactions: seebell

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
PFF has a couple of interesting articles about combine drills and how much they matter for each position when it comes to success over the first 3 years using WAR (wins above replacement) and also how it impacts draft position.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
That is odd but Belicheck is a defensive coach. Mac needs some speed at WR and it would be cool if Jameson went there at #21.

I just saw where the Eagles have three 1st round draft picks so they may be in the market to get Jalen some WR help to go along with Devonta.
You can bet BB wants to get Metchie if he can. Not in the 1st, of course. But he’s the kind of player that would thrive in NE. Kinda does it all.

Reactions: TiderJack

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
I don't agree with that assessment either and don't think that will ever happen. He is plenty physical enough and will play ILB and be a good player for many years IMO. Here is his player assessment that I have seen on many of them. I am going to trust the experts on Christian and their attributes over some of our so called experts.

HEIGHT: 6'2"

WEIGHT: 232

POSITIVES

— Good speed. Can reliably work to the perimeter.

— Very good space management in tight areas. Plays with short, quick steps.

— Comfortable working through trash. Plays tight to his DL without getting himself in trouble.

— Physical play style. Wants to play downhill and take on blocks with force.

— Great technique and functional strength when taking on blocks.

— Good eyes and trigger. Rarely false-steps; sees the ball well out of the mesh point.

— Good zone coverage sense. Understands the picture developing behind him.

— Has the speed, length and physicality to carry vertical threats in the seam.
CJ Mosley measured 6'-2" and 234 lbs at the Combine, with a 4.64 40 yard dash.

UAinAthens

Scout Team
Jul 5, 2001
gmail.com
Size at LB in the pros is all about scheme. Urlacher and Baron were both safeties in college. Urlacher never played safety in the NFL, and Baron was moved to LB after TB.

NFL is a pass first league, so many defenses work to keep there ILB clean to let them run and/or cover. The days of the old Harry Carson or Dick Butkis LB taking on a lineman and then making a tackle are pretty much over. Not many even have a FB to take on anymore.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
If you ever listened to him speak, he is absolutely brilliant. He probably could have done anything with his life given his intelligence.
CJ’s Mom is/was a teacher. Same for Robert Horry that played basketball at Alabama. At some point the playing days end.

And mom’s know, but mom’s that are also teachers particularly know.

Reactions: Con

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.