NFL Combine 2023

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
I really want to see the speed from our science approach show up at the combine. I know everyone says it’s the best thing and we are better off without Cochran due to injuries but I want it to show up on the field and line of scrimmage.

Watching UGA’s two edge guys Nolan Smith run a 4.44 and Robert Beal run a 4.53 is really hard to watch when we are supposed to be fielding that type of athleticism with our elite approach. Hoping Will Anderson runs something in that range to go along with his production.

DJ Dale ran a 5.26 40 while at 6 ft. 7’8 and 303 lbs. Byron Young I don’t believe ran yet. We all saw what UGA’s d-lineman ran last year.

Also I know the combine doesn’t prove it all but we got beat up front this year on both sides of the ball and if we aren’t going with a strength first approach they better be able to fly!

Reactions: tideindc

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006
Apparently Florida's Anthony Richardson has had impressive workout numbers and has moved passed CJ Stroud on draftboard odds. He is still behind Bryce.

Somebody is going to really screw up their pick.
This happens every year. Some QB with mostly mediocre-to-bad tape but incredible measurables comes out of the woodwork and gets drafted high.

More often than not it doesn't work out but Josh Allen has ruined QB scouting in that regard. He had terrible tape from Wyoming but looked great in the pre-draft process so now all these scouts are convinced they can find the next Josh Allen...

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
This happens every year. Some QB with mostly mediocre-to-bad tape but incredible measurables comes out of the woodwork and gets drafted high.

More often than not it doesn't work out but Josh Allen has ruined QB scouting in that regard. He had terrible tape from Wyoming but looked great in the pre-draft process so now all these scouts are convinced they can find the next Josh Allen...
It was happening since the draft was a thing at every position. Al Davis was notorious for drafting guys with the best 40 times.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Apparently Florida's Anthony Richardson has had impressive workout numbers and has moved passed CJ Stroud on draftboard odds. He is still behind Bryce.

Somebody is going to really screw up their pick.
The best thing for Richardson pro career would be to go to a team that has a veteran QB who is good enough to continue to start in the short term but easily removeable if/when Richardson is ready. Teams like Minnesota, Seattle, Detroit, comes to mind.

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
I was a little disappointed with our testing numbers. We don’t seem to test that well most years. Numbers don’t tell the whole story, but seeing our safeties forty times brought back visions of UT’s fast WR sailing right by them more than once.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

Somebody is going to do it, trust me. Some Owner, GM, and/or HC is going to completely forget about how pitiful he looks on tape with regard to reading college defenses and use their existing top 10 pick or trade the farm to move up into the top 10 (possibly top 5) and get him. Then, after he gets forced in too early to play and looks like a calf looking at a new gate, gets beaten to death, and is ruined, all the "smart people" who originally praised the pick will now ask "Didn't they watch the tape? The most important thing is the game tape". I can realistically see this happening.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

TraskiTideFan

1st Team
Apr 18, 2009
Savannah TN
You would think everybody by now would be playing a Football Version of BillyBall when it comes to drafting......."He only runs a 4.9 in the 40.......But he scores touchdowns every 5th time he touches the ball." 🙃

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Man I am pulling for all of these guys to get paid but picks like Richardson are such fools gold. Dude can run a 4.3, bench press a Toyota and jump over a building but the mental game is way underrated. I could be wrong but I think that cat gets exposed pretty early on.

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
Somebody is going to do it, trust me. Some Owner, GM, and/or HC is going to completely forget about how pitiful he looks on tape with regard to reading college defenses and use their existing top 10 pick or trade the farm to move up into the top 10 (possibly top 5) and get him. Then, after he gets forced in too early to play and looks like a calf looking at a new gate, gets beaten to death, and is ruined, all the "smart people" who originally praised the pick will now ask "Didn't they watch the tape? The most important thing is the game tape". I can realistically see this happening.
53% pass completion with 17 touchdowns and 9 interceptions

a freak of an athlete, but not a QB with good decision making

Reactions: REBELZED

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.