Game Thread: NFL Divisional Playoffs: All Posts up to Championship Games...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I didn't think of it at the time, but, yeah, the squib kick probably doesn't give KC enough time to get off a FG attempt. That said, I would not have been surprised to see KC win it with some xrazy hail Mary play.

bvandegraff

All-American
Mar 13, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
I didn't think of it at the time, but, yeah, the squib kick probably doesn't give KC enough time to get off a FG attempt. That said, I would not have been surprised to see KC win it with some xrazy hail Mary play.
I didn't either, but I did think that 13 seconds was an awfully long time given how gassed Buffalo's D was. Having lived in upstate NY in the past, you won't find a classier fan base than the Bills' Mafia - hate it for them.

denver

All-American
Nov 11, 2017
The NFL really needs to rethink the OT rules....no chance for the Bills to even get a shot at scoring. Today saw 2 games decided in less than a minute...one with less than 20 secs....no team should lose at that point, its inept preparation and coaching.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Yeah, as crazy as that game was, it could have easily ended on a hail mary or multi laterals.

Reactions: B1GTide

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The NFL really needs to rethink the OT rules....no chance for the Bills to even get a shot at scoring. Today saw 2 games decided in less than a minute...one with less than 20 secs....no team should lose at that point, its inept preparation and coaching.
I get the argument, though - if you want a shot, stop them.

But I do agree - I actually think the current CFB solution is the best.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

I mostly respect your opinion, but in this case, you are just wrong. The CFB rule is just dumb in every way, especially the new one. I know we won a game with it, but it is just a dumb rule.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Look, I was for the Bills, but the fact remains they let a guy who had 13 seconds left get his team into position for a field goal. Same with the Rams game.

Defense is supposed to be a part of the game, too.

Personally, I'd like to see both teams at least get one shot with the ball - but I fail to see how that would have really helped things today. KC scores, Buffalo scores, KC scores - you get the same result.

(If the excuse is the defense is gassed then they're not gonna be better rested with extra possessions).

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Ill never forget when he would put in the plugs for TBS broadcasting that night and say “well I guess it’s a Sportscenter night for me”. I don’t think anyone could get away with that today.
Particularly if he didn't like "the after-game movie."

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
With the way Mahomes was playing, I guess Buffalo’s only chance would have been to try an onside kick in OT. If Buffalo had won the coin toss, Kansas City would have had to do the same thing.

Both QB’s were incredible.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Here is the thing… what if Auburn had won during Mickey Mouse ball? The SECCG would have meant absolutely nothing and it would be on a Mickey Mouse rule. I guarantee you that more Alabama fans would be more supportive if we would have lost.

It is literally on par with starting a runner on 2nd with no outs in extra innings.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Look, I was for the Bills, but the fact remains they let a guy who had 13 seconds left get his team into position for a field goal. Same with the Rams game.

Defense is supposed to be a part of the game, too.

Personally, I'd like to see both teams at least get one shot with the ball - but I fail to see how that would have really helped things today. KC scores, Buffalo scores, KC scores - you get the same result.

(If the excuse is the defense is gassed then they're not gonna be better rested with extra possessions).
Really the only fair way in NFL playoffs is each team gets a chance to start on the 40 and get 4 plays to score regardless.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I'm not a big NFL fan, but the 4 games this weekend were awesome to watch - all 4 games decided on the last play of the game. Good stuff.

Reactions: B1GTide and Con

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I mostly respect your opinion, but in this case, you are just wrong. The CFB rule is just dumb in every way, especially the new one. I know we won a game with it, but it is just a dumb rule.
No easy answer, but what's better?

You give the ball to team A and they score a TD, then team B has to score the TD and the 2pt conversion to win? How is that fair on a coin toss?

The reality is as there's no easy solution, and the CFB solution is currently the most 'fair'. Everyone gets equal opportunity.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
No easy answer, but what's better?

You give the ball to team A and they score a TD, then team B has to score the TD and the 2pt conversion to win? How is that fair on a coin toss?

The reality is as there's no easy solution, and the CFB solution is currently the most 'fair'. Everyone gets equal opportunity.
Yeah but I rather see a tie or an opening drive walkoff than this nonsense. The CFB is trying to prevent aTm vs LSU from happening again but they created a worse monster

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
This was a perfect example of what is wrong with college OT.
I mean the aTm vs LSU game was ridiculous but the game was entertaining. But the Illinois vs PSU was just two teams that just sucked.

I hate ties, and my team tied with the lions this year. But the tie saved me from watching 15 more minutes of bad football to win the best loser. College has invented a style of overtime that will have never ending games vs bad teams and bull crap losses by good teams.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.