Game Thread: NFL Divisional Playoffs: All Posts up to Championship Games...

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Defense is still a part of the game, and Buffalo's defense had their chance to help their team win and failed in OT. We can talk about Josh Allen and the Buffalo offense, but they only make up half the team. Third if we count special teams, but I'm like the Green Bay Packers and I don't do that.

Anyway, if I were to change the rules at all it would be for the playoffs only. Play a full ten minute period. If it is still tied at that point, then advance to a sudden death OT. First score of any kind wins.
Yep, looking at it from this viewpoint seems it was completely fair. "Unfair" would be not allowing Buffalo's defense on the field to have a chance of stopping KC's offense.

JayBama_in_PCOLA

All-American
Oct 2, 2020
Andalusia (living in Pace/Pensacola, Fl)
Since this is about the nfl:
Mac Jones set the Patriots rookie record for TD’s and yards, Devonta Smith set the eagles rookie record for touchdowns, Jaylen Waddle set the Miami rookie record for receptions. Najee set the Steelers rookie record for yards from scrimmage. All 1st rounders, all elite.
— Cory Wheaton
:thought_balloon:
(@cory_gq) January 9, 2022

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Discussion Point (Overtime)

What if we did it like this?

1) the coin toss at the start of the game is the choice you're making for both the game AND overtime

IOW - if you defer to the 2nd half, you defer to 2nd possession in OT

2) both teams get the ball at least once in OT.
3) if the team with the ball FIRST scores a TD on the first drive, the second team':
a) HAS the same amount of time to score as the first team did
b) HAS to go for the two-point conversion

IOW - you give up the opening overtime kickoff for a TD, you have 10-15 seconds to tie it.

OR - no OT kickoff, you start at your own 20.

Thoughts? I'm just throwig stuff out here.

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
Discussion Point (Overtime)

What if we did it like this?

1) the coin toss at the start of the game is the choice you're making for both the game AND overtime

IOW - if you defer to the 2nd half, you defer to 2nd possession in OT

2) both teams get the ball at least once in OT.
3) if the team with the ball FIRST scores a TD on the first drive, the second team':
a) HAS the same amount of time to score as the first team did
b) HAS to go for the two-point conversion

IOW - you give up the opening overtime kickoff for a TD, you have 10-15 seconds to tie it.

OR - no OT kickoff, you start at your own 20.

Thoughts? I'm just throwig stuff out here.
I think you're number 1 was thrown around this week

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Some guy named Brady retired today. Don't know who that is but I sure he did ok in the NFL
Probably the best or 2nd best outro for a legendary quarterback depending on your view on John Elway’s final year. Usually they suck and it’s a bad look for the game. I still forget Peyton went out on a Super Bowl with how horrid he played. If I was really going to award a quarterback for that Broncos season then half of it would go to Osweiler.

Now if Belichick could retire after McDaniels inevitably leaves then the team of the 2000’s and 2010’s could finally be put to rest like the Noll Steelers and Walsh 49ers.

More interesting is what does Aaron Rodgers do now? Brady just upstaged him on a retirement final season, and the drop on Aaron Rodgers is inevitably coming in the next few years with how he plays. I don’t see him getting another ring but I don’t see him retiring this year either. But it’s a weird predicament for someone like him that is trying to improve a legacy.

I bet Roethlisberger is hoping Rodgers doesn’t retire because it’s already bad about going out in the same year as Brady. Ben unless voters hold his early career off the field stuff against him while voting is probably a 1st ballot with Brady.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Belichick is 38 wins behind Shula, I think he is shooting for that. He will be 70 in April.
Unless there is a massive overhaul then it could take him 4-5 years to get it, and I don’t know if Kraft is going to be that patient being a 2nd and 3rd place team in the AFC East just to chase Shula’s record
A-A-Ron might demand a trade and the Bucs might just pull the trigger.
The Bucs are losing a crap ton of players. So it’s highly unlikely that Tampa is the destination. I would say Denver is the most likely but if you are Aaron you have to ask “what’s the point?” Denver may have talent but they have 3 far more talented teams within their division.

Pittsburgh is likely out (And I kinda hope as well that we are out). They aren’t likely going to go broke for 2 years for a quarterback.

It’s far more likely that he goes to somewhere that people are least expecting. I could really see a situation in which him Russell Wilson and Jimmy G play musical chairs.

Last edited:
Reactions: DzynKingRTR

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Well ESPN is about to get absolutely roasted for jumping the gun and making this a circus. Brady is probably still retiring but the disrespect shown from ESPN and certain members close to him really looks bad on them. Let the guy announce his own retirement. Hasn’t he earned that, or does the “I got to be first” attitude in the media and the pettiness in Boston really trump common decency?

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Well ESPN is about to get absolutely roasted for jumping the gun and making this a circus. Brady is probably still retiring but the disrespect shown from ESPN and certain members close to him really looks bad on them. Let the guy announce his own retirement. Hasn’t he earned that, or does the “I got to be first” attitude in the media and the pettiness in Boston really trump common decency?
Decency left ESPN long ago.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Decency left ESPN long ago.
Very true. It would be funny if by some long shot chance he says “you know I talked it over with Gisele and Mr Licht, and decided that we can do one more year.” I wonder how many of these high ranking guys who broke the story are fired. Adam Schefter knows better than to do this bull crap.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.