Game Thread: NFL Divisional Playoffs: All Posts up to Championship Games...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I wouldn't retire out f spite
My question is what advantage did ESPN and Schefter gain from breaking it early? This isn’t a huge story to break at this point. The seeds have been planted over the last two weeks and most have started to lean towards he was hanging it up. The big part of the story was already dropped by CBS.

My point is that this is beyond unethical and if I was Brady then I would unretire and sue the hell out of ESPN for defamation and Atleast find out who blabbed. You don’t just do this kind of bull crap to someone who has given 22 years to the game.

Schefter and Darlington and whoever okay this story to run should be suspended without pay or fired.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
My question is what advantage did ESPN and Schefter gain from breaking it early? This isn’t a huge story to break at this point. The seeds have been planted over the last two weeks and most have started to lean towards he was hanging it up. The big part of the story was already dropped by CBS.

My point is that this is beyond unethical and if I was Brady then I would unretire and sue the hell out of ESPN for defamation and Atleast find out who blabbed. You don’t just do this kind of bull crap to someone who has given 22 years to the game.

Schefter and Darlington and whoever okay this story to run should be suspended without pay or fired.
but they got to be first and stuff.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
but they got to be first and stuff.
Yeah but to what advantage?

What I assume happened was that Schefter and Darlington got confirmation of what his decision was and found that he intended to reveal it Tuesday or Wednesday. I think ESPN decided to break it during college basketball Saturday because everyone was glued to ESPN.

But it really makes ESPN look way worse for doing it. Because now they are stuck with the ridicule and are desperately hoping that they didn’t just make Brady so mad that he would seriously consider coming back or drag this on for weeks out of spite.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Yeah but to what advantage?

What I assume happened was that Schefter and Darlington got confirmation of what his decision was and found that he intended to reveal it Tuesday or Wednesday. I think ESPN decided to break it during college basketball Saturday because everyone was glued to ESPN.

But it really makes ESPN look way worse for doing it. Because now they are stuck with the ridicule and are desperately hoping that they didn’t just make Brady so mad that he would seriously consider coming back or drag this on for weeks out of spite.

The advantage of being first, gah.

• Haha
Reactions: 81usaf92

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
Unless there is a massive overhaul then it could take him 4-5 years to get it, and I don’t know if Kraft is going to be that patient being a 2nd and 3rd place team in the AFC East just to chase Shula’s record

The Bucs are losing a crap ton of players. So it’s highly unlikely that Tampa is the destination. I would say Denver is the most likely but if you are Aaron you have to ask “what’s the point?” Denver may have talent but they have 3 far more talented teams within their division.

Pittsburgh is likely out (And I kinda hope as well that we are out). They aren’t likely going to go broke for 2 years for a quarterback.

It’s far more likely that he goes to somewhere that people are least expecting. I could really see a situation in which him Russell Wilson and Jimmy G play musical chairs.
I said Denver as well, but Pittsburgh is the dark horse very talented team and he respects Tomlin

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
but Pittsburgh is the dark horse very talented team and he respects Tomlin
If that happens then I put my Steelers fandom on pause and will probably become a temporary Bills fan or join @DzynKingRTR as a Chiefs fan. I can’t stand an I before we guy and especially one that is going to make our situation of rebuilding a franchise even worse than it already is.

Rodgers has to be ring chasing and only a few places really makes sense with the current cap predicaments across the league. I still think a NFC West team has a high likelihood if he chooses against going to the murderer’s division in the AFC West. Hell the Colts could be a possibility.

Really don’t care as long as it’s not Pittsburgh or Tennessee. He probably has 2 more years and he is done.

Reactions: DzynKingRTR

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If that happens then I put my Steelers fandom on pause and will probably become a temporary Bills fan or join @DzynKingRTR as a Chiefs fan. I can’t stand an I before we guy and especially one that is going to make our situation of rebuilding a franchise even worse than it already is.

Rodgers has to be ring chasing and only a few places really makes sense with the current cap predicaments across the league. I still think a NFC West team has a high likelihood if he chooses against going to the murderer’s division in the AFC West. Hell the Colts could be a possibility.

Really don’t care as long as it’s not Pittsburgh or Tennessee. He probably has 2 more years and he is done.
Wait, are you saying that you would rather see the Steelers lose than win a SB with Rogers?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Wait, are you saying that you would rather see the Steelers lose than win a SB with Rogers?
No I’m saying I rather not see the Steelers at all than to have the whole organization be held hostage by one egotistical donkey just to get to a Super Bowl that is unlikely to happen anyways.

I could probably stomach Dabo coming to Alabama way before having Rodgers going to Pittsburgh.

• Wow
Reactions: crimsonaudio

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

Sue them for what? That he was going to retire but hasn’t actually made a final decision? Has he suffered any damages? You are getting way too upset about this.

Reactions: AlexanderFan

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
No I’m saying I rather not see the Steelers at all than to have the whole organization be held hostage by one egotistical donkey just to get to a Super Bowl that is unlikely to happen anyways.

I could probably stomach Dabo coming to Alabama way before having Rodgers going to Pittsburgh.
I don't know. Improve the oline just a little bit and Rodgers could easily get the Steelers to a SB. I don't like him, and don't pull for him, but he is as good as there is in the game at QB.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I don't know. Improve the oline just a little bit and Rodgers could easily get the Steelers to a SB. I don't like him, and don't pull for him, but he is as good as there is in the game at QB.
The problems in Green Bay may not have been Rodgers at all. It seems obvious that they were but none of us are privy to what goes on behind the scenes.

Pittsburgh can win a Super Bowl with an elite QB.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.