Question: NFL Draft: How Many Bama players added and Where?

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
So one of my favorite things about Bama and the excellence that Saban and company have revolutionized is the draft. I love seeing our guys get to keep their dream going to the next level. Last year was just insane! This year is will be down some but just could be another first…

Evan Neal SHOULD BE the No. 1 pick but it’s Jacksonville so…. At worst he’s top 5 shocked if he’s not top 3.

I’m getting vibes of scouts dropping Jameson because of his injury…if so, their loss and he gets to go to a better team. JAMO should be top 10 just due to the number of teams needing a WR with afterburners. Speed Kills!!!

I don’t see another guaranteed first round grade but Bama’s track record with preparing these young men for the next level MATTERS! If you don’t believe me ask Alex Leatherwood 😉

Reactions: OSUTideFan

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Jacksonville has two real choices, take Neal or trade the top pick and stock up on picks. Another pass rusher doesn't improve their situation.

Cam Robinson is about to be a free agent and they have to get new tackle. If they move on one in free agency, I expect them to trade back, if not I'd expect Neal at 1. Of course kahn may trade the pick for John Cena or something, who knows.

The eagles fans may revolt if they don't use one of their 1st round picks on jamo. They are done with reagor. Eagles may not go that way since they've taken back to back wrs in th last two first rounds but reagor has busted at this point and smith can't be left double teamed every game.

Id also expect the raider to look at jamo to replace ruggs. There will be a run on wide outs this year in the 1st which is good knows for metchie and maybe Bolden.

Pats absolutely have to get a wide out, and metchie may be a value they can't pass on if he is still on the board when they pick in round 2.

I think Robinson has more value than some are seeing. A lot of teams could really use larger back. (Texans dolphins bills panthers kc all come to mind) probably a day 3 pick.

Mathis will go on day two, depending on if there is a run at DT or not, he may slip into the late second round. There's value on bama dlinemen in the NFL right now.

Jobe and ads are likely day 3 picks. Bolden may slip into a late pick as well.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Forgot about Harris, probably a second rounder. He's very athletic but ILB is undervalued in the draft unless you're a superstar at the position so 1st round is unlikely unless he has an unreal pro day.

Hes a very good pass rusher and that will help him a lot.

Reactions: B1GTide

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Evan Neal is the only sure fire first round pick.

JWill was until the injury. I think he slips in late.

I think Harris and Mathis are 2nd rounders.

The rest go later. I do think BRob gets drafted.
I hope he does not lose any draft value due to playing in the game. If he does I can hear the talking head cosigning players sitting out games or even their junior year if they grade well ala Chase and Parson.

B1GTide

Registered
Apr 13, 2012
Neal
Harris
Jamo
Mathis
Metchie
Jobe
JAD
BRob
Maybe Slade late
Doubt Bolden gets drafted, and it would be better for him if he didn't. UFA gives him more opportunity to stick with a team.

JaMo will go in the top 10 - probably top 5. He is the only WR in this draft with ALL of the tools. He has top speed, he has great hands, he can run routes from any position (including the slot), and he has proven to be a very effective possession receiver. Some other guys have some of those skills. He is the only guy with them all.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Doubt Bolden gets drafted, and it would be better for him if he didn't. UFA gives him more opportunity to stick with a team.

JaMo will go in the top 10 - probably top 5. He is the only WR in this draft with ALL of the tools. He has top speed, he has great hands, he can run routes from any position (including the slot), and he has proven to be a very effective possession receiver. Some other guys have some of those skills. He is the only guy with them all.
Before the injury I thought so. They do so well repairing those now plus I don’t think it was terribly bad… you’re probably right. It would be awesome if Alabama had two top 5 picks.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Before the injury I thought so. They do so well repairing those now plus I don’t think it was terribly bad… you’re probably right. It would be awesome if Alabama had two top 5 picks.

Jamo and metchie will be just fine. Injuries may only be the difference in taking jamo first or second as a wr.

Olave is good but jamos speed doesn't have a match among the other elite wide outs.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

IDK. Jamo maybe a late 1st rounder to early 2nd rounder. There are teams like the Steelers, Eagles, and Cowboys that you figure to be trading up in the top 10 to get the few quarterbacks and defensive studs. From a needs perspective I think in terms of an aggressive draft day that Jamo could go lower in day 1.

Robinson day 2

Metchie day 2

Neal top 3

Bolden UDFA

Harris day 2

Jobe. Day 2

Last edited:

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
IDK. Jamo maybe a late 1st rounder to early 2nd rounder. There are teams like the Steelers, Eagles, and Cowboys that you figure to be trading up in the top 10 to get the few quarterbacks and defensive studs. From a needs perspective I think in terms of an aggressive draft day that Jamo could go lower in day 1.

Robinson day 2

Metchie day 2

Neal top 3

Bolden UDFA

Harris day 2

Jobe. Day 2
The quarterback class is not worth moving up for. Jamo is a consensus 1st rounder in every mock draft and I've seen him as high at projected at 10. Again the eagles are readying his jersey as we speak and they have 3 first round picks.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The quarterback class is not worth moving up for.
We see people say that every two years but we constantly see it happen. I guarantee you that some D2 quarterback will be a darling in the next few weeks or someone is going to impress at the combine and all of the sudden we end up with 5 first round quarterbacks instead of 3. It happens every single year.

Jamo is a mid to late first rounder most likely. This figures to be an OL and Defensive dominated 1st round.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
We see people say that every two years but we constantly see it happen. I guarantee you that some D2 quarterback will be a darling in the next few weeks or someone is going to impress at the combine and all of the sudden we end up with 5 first round quarterbacks instead of 3. It happens every single year.

Jamo is a mid to late first rounder most likely. This figures to be an OL and Defensive dominated 1st round.
Its always possible but no one should give up major draft capital for matt corral, and Pickett is a let him fall to you kind of guy.

Im not sure of Carson strong declared or not, but I do like him. But would touch him round 1.

Free agency/trade market is going to determine things at qb for a lot of teams. Rodgers Wilson garapolo Ryan and possibly Darnold wentz may all likely be on the move.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Its always possible but no one should give up major draft capital for matt corral, and Pickett is a let him fall to you kind of guy.
Corral and Pickett are better prospects than most of last year’s draft class. Ridder figures to be a 1st rounder by many. I’ll remind you that 90% on this board were laughing at Andy Reid trading up for a lesser known Texas Tech kid to include our resident Chiefs fan. When you think you know about quarterbacks in the 1st round is when you really don’t. There are so many teams that keep their intentions very close to the vest that you have no clue who they are looking at.

Free agency/trade market is going to determine things at qb for a lot of teams. Rodgers Wilson garapolo Ryan and possibly Darnold wentz may all likely be on the move.
As much as Karen Rodgers hints at this is his last with Green Bay the more I see it as a contract ploy. But someone is going to pay out the ass to get him if he truly leaves. I would say someone like Denver.

Wilson I just don’t buy it. They will come to terms because no one will pay market value

Ryan is more likely a Steelers, Eagles, or Saints quarterback next year to get them through a transition.

Wentz will be a Colt

Jimmy G who knows

Darnold who knows.

Latest threads

New Bama Gear!