BREAKING NFL Draft rounds 4-7 Is anybody actually paying attention?

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Nice I finished week 5 of couch to 10K. My brother is doing the rock and roll half in Nashville. I might too but 6 miles is usually my limit.
week 11 here. Trying to get my legs back in shape. 10K is the zone for me and burning calories. Anything more I’m just hungry all the time and snack. Seems counter productive at that point.

Reactions: 92tide and B1GTide

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Congrats!!! what was your finishing time?
I am training for the Virtual Boston Marathon in October so I ran it with some friends at my long run training pace. Finished it in 2:20:29. It was my longest run since the 2019 NYC Marathon, and it felt really easy. My goal is to run a sub 2 hour half during my marathon training and I am probably pretty close to being ready to try for that.

I have really been focusing on my overall fitness since I am stuck at home with Covid.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
week 11 here. Trying to get my legs back in shape. 10K is the zone for me and burning calories. Anything more I’m just hungry all the time and snack. Seems counter productive at that point.
I love training for the 10k. I hate racing in a 5k race - it feels like death. But you have to pull back just a little for the 10k which makes me finish feeling human.

That said, I love running long - 8 miles or longer is my preference. Yes, it means having to watch my caloric intake because I am hungry all the time, but if I eat enough protein and fat I can avoid overeating. Carbs are my enemy when training. They make me feel even more hungry.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I love training for the 10k. I hate racing in a 5k race - it feels like death. But you have to pull back just a little for the 10k which makes me finish feeling human.

That said, I love running long - 8 miles or longer is my preference. Yes, it means having to watch my caloric intake because I am hungry all the time, but if I eat enough protein and fat I can avoid overeating. Carbs are my enemy when training. They make me feel even more hungry.
I really enjoy 10k’s. It is hard to get a decent time on 5k’s because you end up exerting so much effort at the beginning to fight through traffic plus people always lie about their times around here and get up front. 10k’s like you said you can lay off on the first half then it is thinned out enough that you can turn it on the second half.

My plan is to finish up this 10K program then move on to speed/interval training. Maybe by the fall there will be some races and I’ll feel comfortable enough to do them.

Reactions: B1GTide

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
Late in the 4th, and still no Moses. I’m a bit surprised.
I'm not, before Moses got hurt he was a beast. And I understand that it was reported he played hurt this past year it certainty could have played a part in it because he played soft.. But I think those injuries affected the guy mentally as well and teams are steering away he was just not the same player.

Reactions: seebell and B1GTide

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I am training for the Virtual Boston Marathon in October so I ran it with some friends at my long run training pace. Finished it in 2:20:29. It was my longest run since the 2019 NYC Marathon, and it felt really easy. My goal is to run a sub 2 hour half during my marathon training and I am probably pretty close to being ready to try for that.

I have really been focusing on my overall fitness since I am stuck at home with Covid.
That's a great time! I've done two but literally did them to just finish. Wasn't competitive but was thankful to at least say I've done it lol

Again that's great, much success with the Boston run as well.

• Thank You
Reactions: B1GTide

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.