Question: NFL Projections

With training camps starting, the NFL season is right around the corner. Before injuries and any more potential big trades happen (Green Bay, I'm looking in your direction), I thought it would be nice for everyone to project how the divisions in the NFL will break down this year. Playoffs and Superbowl participants are also included:

AFC East:
1. New England Patriots
2. Buffalo Bills
3. New York Jets
4. Miami Dolphins

-New England is still light years ahead of everyone else in this division, but Buffalo is getting better. Still, it's a one playoff team division.

AFC South:
1. Indianapolis Colts
2. Jacksonville Jaguars
3. Houston Texans
4. Tennessee Titans

-Easily the most competitive division in football. Indy still remains on top, but Jacksonville will continue to test them with a great defense. Even with some additions on the offense, I see a down year for Tennessee, and Houston will jump out of the cellar as a result.

AFC North
1. Pittsburgh Steelers
2. Cleveland Browns
3. Cincinnati Bengals
4. Baltimore Ravens

-Another very competitive division. Everyone is picking Cleveland to run away with this one, but I like Pittsburgh and what they did in the draft. Cincy is a toss-up every year, and Baltimore will be tough on defense but will still come up short under a new head coach.

AFC West
1. San Diego Chargers
2. Oakland Raiders
3. Denver Broncos
4. Kansas City Chiefs

-Much like the AFC East, the West is still a one team division. Oakland has definitely gotten better and might stretch San Diego a bit, but it's still too early for them. Denver doesn't impress me at all, and Kansas City still has gaping holes on the offensive line.

-AFC Playoff Teams: New England, Indianapolis, San Diego, Pittsburgh, Jacksonville, Cleveland (I know this is too similar to last year, thus making it destined to fail)
-AFC Champion: New England Patriots

NFC East
1. Dallas Cowboys
2. New York Giants
3. Philadelphia Eagles
4. Washington Redskins

-The much hyped NFC East will be a dog fight between Dallas and New York, but I see Dallas edging the Giants for the division win. Does that translate into playoff success for Dallas? Not with Romo at quarterback.

NFC South
1. New Orleans Saints
2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
3. Carolina Panthers
4. Atlanta Falcons

-If their defense just plays solid, New Orleans' offense can have this division wrapped up by November. The only threat comes from Tampa Bay.

NFC North
1. Minnesota Vikings
2. Green Bay Packers
3. Detroit Lions
4. Chicago Bears

-This is assuming Favre doesn't play for the Packers or anyone else. I'm not sold on Jackson at quarterback for Minnesota, but they have key parts elsewhere to take off the load.

NFC West
1. San Francisco 49ers
2. Seattle Seahawks
3. Arizona Cardinals
4. St. Louis Rams

-I'm going out on a limb with the 49ers here, but they have a lot of young talent, and Seattle is getting older. The NFC West is such a mystery to me, but I think this year might be the year the 49ers can put together a decent division run.

NFC Playoff Teams: Dallas Cowboys, New Orleans Saints, Minnesota Vikings, San Francisco 49ers, New York Giants, Green Bay Packers
NFC Champion: New Orleans Saints (Yes, I am sober when making this pick)

Superbowl: New England over New Orleans

Athens-LA-Tide

All-SEC
Feb 6, 2001
Ptown, OR
www.urbagedesigns.com
Yes good job, great projections. Its funny, when you see it like this, as well put as you did, it almost appears easy to pick this year. It sure does seem the parity in the 90's has all but gone away. There is almost a clear winner in every division. I bet it wont be easy when I join "KOTH" again this year and just have to pick 1 winner per week.....:)

Its hard for me to disagree with your picks, in fact i agree with almost all. For some reason, I do think this will be Clevlands year to win that division and as long as I dont have to put $$$ on that pick, I'll stick with Clev to win the division.

Good job on the rest!!!!! RTR

BAMA1979

All-American
Nov 15, 2006
Mobile
AFC East:
1. New England Patriots
2. New York Jets
3. Buffalo Bills
4. Miami Dolphins

AFC South:
1. Indianapolis Colts
2. Jacksonville Jaguars
3. Tennessee Titans
4. Houston Texans

I think this is the most difficult division in the NFL, just ahead of the NFC East.

AFC North
1. Pittsburgh Steelers
2. Cleveland Browns
3. Cincinnati Bengals
4. Baltimore Ravens

This was the hardest division for me to pick because I don't think any of the teams are that good. I don't like the Steelers offensive line and they have the most difficult schedule I have ever seen. I'll be surprised if they finish better than 9-7. The Browns also have a rough schedule. Any team with a winning record will win this division.

AFC West
1. San Diego Chargers
2. Denver Broncos
3. Oakland Raiders
4. Kansas City Chiefs

It's difficult to select last place in this division. I'll give the edge to Kansas City, although I think Oakland will be bad as well.

-AFC Playoff Teams: New England, Indianapolis, San Diego, Cincinnati, Jacksonville, Tennessee

-AFC Champion: Indianapolis Colts

NFC East
1. Dallas Cowboys
2. New York Giants
3. Washington Redskins
4. Philadelphia Eagles

NFC South
1. New Orleans Saints
2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
3. Carolina Panthers
4. Atlanta Falcons

I like the Saints in this one. I think the secondary and pass rush will improve.

NFC North
1. Minnesota Vikings
2. Green Bay Packers
3. Detroit Lions
4. Chicago Bears

NFC West
1. Seattle Seahawks
2. St. Louis Rams
3. Arizona Cardinals
4. San Francisco 49ers

Another difficult division to pick. Seattle is starting to look a little old and slow, but I think they have just enough left to win this division one more time.

NFC Playoff Teams: Dallas Cowboys, New Orleans Saints, Minnesota Vikings, Seattle Seahawks, New York Giants, Washington Redskins

NFC Champion: I guess I will give the edge to Dallas, but it's difficult to pick a team coached by Wade Phillips.

Super Bowl: Indianapolis over Dallas. I thought the Colts were going to be the best team last year before the injuries to Harrison, Freeney, and the left tackle. I like them again this year if they avoid major injuries.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.