NIck Saban: A Football Life

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
My nephew's FIL was a MSU grad and a regular weekend golfing partner. He was so crushed when Saban left for LSU. He said that they couldn't keep anyone good when they got one...

Reactions: B1GTide

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
My nephew's FIL was a MSU grad and a regular weekend golfing partner. He was so crushed when Saban left for LSU. He said that they couldn't keep anyone good when they got one...
True, but they kept Dantonio for a long time. Not a great head coach, but about as good as they are likely to hold onto for long.

BigJTide

3rd Team
Jan 1, 2018
Enjoyed it very much. Figured they would do a good job with it like they had done for the other guys on this show.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Factoid from our last coaching search - Billy Neighbors called me and said that Parcells had called him and he was interested in the Alabama job. I asked him how he knew Parcells, since he never played under him. Also, I knew that Parcells had just retired from coaching again and was getting on up in years. Billy said he didn't know him. He just knew of Billy and that Billy was close to Coach Moore. Billy wanted to know what I thought and I thought nothing was going to come of it. He'd retired three times and was known to have medical issues, although he's still around. Of course, nothing did. There were some other weird things that happened in that search, some of which wouldn't be believed if I put them down here...

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Factoid from our last coaching search - Billy Neighbors called me and said that Parcells had called him and he was interested in the Alabama job. I asked him how he knew Parcells, since he never played under him. Also, I knew that Parcells had just retired from coaching again and was getting on up in years. Billy said he didn't know him. He just knew of Billy and that Billy was close to Coach Moore. Billy wanted to know what I thought and I thought nothing was going to come of it. He'd retired three times and was known to have medical issues, although he's still around. Of course, nothing did. There were some other weird things that happened in that search, some of which wouldn't be believed if I put them down here...
That was going on behind the scenes...Billy N. was also a good friend of my in-laws. If I recall correctly the issue of concern was whether he would really take to recruiting like you have to do.

Reactions: TIDE-HSV

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
That was going on behind the scenes...Billy N. was also a good friend of my in-laws. If I recall correctly the issue of concern was whether he would really take to recruiting like you have to do.
We talked about that and his long history as an NFL coach. Neither of us thought he would and I'm sure Coach Moore felt the same way...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.