Nick Saban called 2021 a ‘rebuilding year'...

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
:D 13-2, sec champions, Heisman Trophy winner, Broke auburn's heart in JHS.
Here's hoping Bama rips the Barn's heart out of its chest and stumps it into the ground this year as an encore. Like Magwa in Last of the Mohicans.
Then burns the Barn to the ground and sows salt into the earth so nothing will ever grow there again.
Horreum delendum est.

Last edited:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Here's hoping Bama rips the Barn's heart out of its chest and stumps it into the ground this year as an encore. Like Magwa in Last of the Mohicans.
Then burns the Barn to the ground and sows salt into the earth so nothing will every grow there again.
Horreum delendum est.
THAT is a good start, TW!:D

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
It's amazing that the 2021 team was actually only 18 points away from being undefeated, considering everything that had gone so terribly wrong. Last season was akin to 2013 in a lot of ways. Like 2013, the pieces were there for a repeat, but the chemistry just wasn't. Also, like 2013, there were 2 losses. One fluke loss and one that we should have won, but essentially we beat ourselves. The loss to aTm was the 2021 version of kick 6 and the loss to Georgia in the national championship game was the 2021 version of the Sugar Bowl vs. Oklahoma.

Reactions: 92tide and Padreruf

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
What I find so hilarious is how mad him saying "it was something of a rebuilding year" is apparently making everyone. Just go look at the comments on reddit or twitter. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I've seen some, well a lot, of angst from Georgia fans. Questioning they aren't getting their proper due as one of the great teams especially great defenses, from last year.

Well perhaps it could be the fact you got walloped in the SEC championship game and then in the rematch, Alabama was down its top 2 WRs and top 2 DBs it was still a one score game with Alabama driving and less than 2 minutes left? Maybe that was it? A "rebuilding" wounded Alabama should not have had them on the ropes in the 4th quarter, and certainly should not have beat the breaks off of them in the SECCG.

Of course I've seen ridiculous notion floated time and time again that Kirby sandbagged in the SECCG, knowing he was guaranteed a playoff berth, and the NC game was Georgia's "real" defense. :rolleyes:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I've seen some, well a lot, of angst from Georgia fans. Questioning they aren't getting their proper due as one of the great teams especially great defenses, from last year.

Well perhaps it could be the fact you got walloped in the SEC championship game and then in the rematch, Alabama was down its top 2 WRs and top 2 DBs it was still a one score game with Alabama driving and less than 2 minutes left? Maybe that was it? A "rebuilding" wounded Alabama should not have had them on the ropes in the 4th quarter, and certainly should not have beat the breaks off of them in the SECCG.

Of course I've seen ridiculous notion floated time and time again that Kirby sandbagged in the SECCG, knowing he was guaranteed a playoff berth, and the NC game was Georgia's "real" defense. :rolleyes:
Georgia’s defense played better in the NC but so did ours. I would say that ours in that game was more overlooked than theirs. I think alot of what hurt us was inner turmoil by a few now Texas players and the injuries finally caught up to us. I won’t ever use the “well if Colt didn’t get hurt” argument, I didn’t use it in 16 and I won’t use it for the 2021 season. Georgia earned the title and they were deserving of it. However I do believe losing Jameson and Metchie really made it difficult for us on offense.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Georgia’s defense played better in the NC but so did ours. I would say that ours in that game was more overlooked than theirs. I think alot of what hurt us was inner turmoil by a few now Texas players and the injuries finally caught up to us. I won’t ever use the “well if Colt didn’t get hurt” argument, I didn’t use it in 16 and I won’t use it for the 2021 season. Georgia earned the title and they were deserving of it. However I do believe losing Jameson and Metchie really made it difficult for us on offense.
It killed our offense. Plain and simple. I do know that if they had not gotten hurt, we would have won the game. Because we already beat them. That's why I can say that with confidence, but the Texas/Colt claims hold very little water. This is not a theoretical. The same 2 teams played a month prior, and the only real difference in the 2 teams was Alabama's injured players.

The Georgia defense did not all of a sudden develop the ability to cover JaMo. Indeed, the play he was injured on was non-contact after he had blown past their all-world defense yet again.

However, ALL of that being said, it is true that last year's team really overachieved to even be there. Georgia was in a better position to win at the end, a more cohesive and veteran team, so I'll give them their due. They've got the trophy and nothing is going to take that away from them.

Reactions: bamamc1 and 92tide

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It killed our offense. Plain and simple. I do know that if they had not gotten hurt, we would have won the game. Because we already beat them. That's why I can say that with confidence, but the Texas/Colt claims hold very little water. This is not a theoretical. The same 2 teams played a month prior, and the only real difference in the 2 teams was Alabama's injured players.

The Georgia defense did not all of a sudden develop the ability to cover JaMo. Indeed, the play he was injured on was non-contact after he had blown past their all-world defense yet again.

However, ALL of that being said, it is true that last year's team really overachieved to even be there. Georgia was in a better position to win at the end, a more cohesive and veteran team, so I'll give them their due. They've got the trophy and nothing is going to take that away from them.
I haven’t rewatched the game and never seen it on tv. But being there it seemed that UGA was in our backfield a lot even with Jamo in the game. Seems like the real difference between game 1 and 2 was that we couldn’t complete the short game to save our lives. Alot of that is probably because of Metchie.

They had a better gameplan the 2nd time through but had we made a few plays in the red zone then Jamo’s injury wouldn’t matter. That ultimately wasn’t the real difference in the game imo.

Reactions: 92tide and The Ols

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL

"Just cause you shot Jesse James....Don't make yah Jesse James"

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.