Nick Saban called 2021 a ‘rebuilding year'...

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Sometimes things come together during rebuilding years. It helps when there is a tremendous amount of talent. We did accomplish a lot last year, but we really only looked like a championship team twice all year, in my opinion. We looked really good against Mississippi St. and Georgia in the SEC title game. Otherwise, we could have easily lost to LSU, Arky, and Auburn in the month of November alone. We found a way to win, and that's what ultimately counts, but we often looked very average last year. I hope we roll more like 2020 this year, even though we have a few tricky situations with our schedule this year.
I have said it on here multiple times, only 4 teams (3 programs) since 1976 have won back-to-back national championships and it wasn't because all those other teams didn't have talent. Its an almost impossible task in sports.....(except basketball). Especially in college football. Team Turnover, Staff turnover, Injury luck, Schedule luck and team chemistry have to be almost perfect two years in a row.

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Last years team could have won it all but consistency and depth were issues. The same team that curb stomped Georgia almost lost to Arkansas. It's an old adage but consistency in performance is key to winning it all. The 2020 team really set the bar for that.
Not only arky but we could have lost to lsu and the barn had us beat but blew it. I didn't like the finale but looking back, last year was not that bad, easily could have been much worse. Slammer is correct, consistency was not there, I believe it is the hardest thing for young players to develop, putting consistent competitive pressure on your opponent. This year looks to be different.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Or, conversely, the low standards journalism sets for itself.
And all the people said….AMEN.

With a few exceptions noted, they are an arrogant and lazy bunch who confuse facility with the English language (which most, not all, have) with a well-reasoned position.

IOW, well-articulated garbage is still garbage. But a lot of journalists don’t grasp that.

• Thank You
Reactions: TideEngineer08

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
I read this and then searched on Youtube. Immediately I saw Heather Dinich and Pawl F. and said to myself, "Oh. That media." The Jerry Springer of sports "journalism."
Noted.
Sports talk radio is a main culprit here. I know it's dawg country here in Atlanta but media and fans were greatly offended, somehow thought the rebuilding comment has a slight to ga. It wasn't. I have been very surprised by my dawg friends, they took more joy in beating us than winning the natty. Don't get that.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Sports talk radio is a main culprit here. I know it's dawg country here in Atlanta but media and fans were greatly offended, somehow thought the rebuilding comment has a slight to ga. It wasn't. I have been very surprised by my dawg friends, they took more joy in beating us than winning the natty. Don't get that.
Well it only took em 8 tries.

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: crimsonaudio

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Sports radio here has been unlistenable. It wasn't great before but it has gotten worse. It is going to be great when they lose to the ducks. And even better when the ducks lose to byu 2 weeks later.

Reactions: 92tide

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
That’s the problem with our society as a whole. Taking offense when none was given. Half the time it isn’t even about “you.” But narcissism is at an all time high in our world today.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
am rewatching last year's games. I'm up to Texas A&M today.
I challenge anyone to go back and watch that game and say Alabama was not rebuilding last year.
Bryce had an off game. The o-line had an atrocious first half. The defense was lackluster in the first half. The kickoff team gave up a TD. Receivers dropped balls.
That was a very beatable Alabama team. The wonder was that they won as many as they did.

Last edited:

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
am rewatching last year's games. I'm up to Texas A&M today.
I challenge anyone to go back and watch that game and say Alabama was not rebuilding last year.
Bryce had an off game. The o-line had an atrocious first half. The defense was lackluster in the first half. The kickoff team gave up a TD. Receivers dropped balls.
That was a very beatable Alabama team. The wonder was that they won as many as they did.
Very 1991ish….

Reactions: selmaborntidefan

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Yeah.
Look, I'm proud of the effort against the Aggies, especially in the second half, but this Alabama team was not a bunch of world-beaters. In fact, they were closer to being over-achievers.
I think if bama accomplishes what I think they will this year. People will years from now look back fondly on 2021 for winning the conference and breaking auburns heart in JHS along with Bryce Young winning the heisman unlike 2013 and 2019.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
The Auburn game is enough to prove it. Auburn STUNK last year. Just an awful, pathetic team. With their backup QB, no less. I can't stand the petulant Bo, but if he plays that game we probably lose it. We win it by the skin of our teeth as it is.

The Arkansas game was a mess.

A&M was well mentioned.

We nearly let a sorry Florida team come back and beat us.

LSU and Tennessee were ho hum wins.

Honestly the only times we looked like a good team were Miami, Ole Miss, and Georgia in the SEC title game. The rest of the year was poop.

Reactions: FaninLA

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
when i was telling people that around here, it was meant as a slight to jawjuh

• Haha
Reactions: TideEngineer08

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.