Nick Saban hints at friction with Kirby Smart, Jeremy Pruitt over staff

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

“We’ve always had sort of a mutual respect for how we sort of take each other’s people,” Saban said to Belichick of their relationship. "It’s one thing that I always try to emphasize to the guys: what I have a tough time with, aight, is we’ve had however many guys who have worked here who are at Georgia, Tennessee -- whoever, wherever -- is when they get those jobs, and in most cases you’ve helped them, is they have a hard time understanding why they can’t take your people.

"I’m gonna help you get a job, [only] so that you can take what I’ve tried to build here and destroy the continuity of what I have? It’s amazing how some of the assistants don’t understand why that’s not a good thing.”

Keeter

All-American
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Best way to pay them back is to beat their brains out year after year........and keep the cash drawer open to retain assistants

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
I'm a little surprised with the Pruitt comment. I wasn't aware of any friction there. The Smart stuff is written all over their faces any time you see CNS and Mark Richt 2.0 in the same room. I hope all the bad things in the world happen to Kirby Smart and Kirby Smart alone. That is all.

BAMAVILLE

All-American
Jan 9, 2014
Well glad someone said it ... good job CNS.

Its pretty much like you invite a guest into your home, take care of them and then a year or so later your next door neighbor decides to invite them to stay with them instead. The guest in turn, tries to set your house on fire on the way out ... well its not that dramatic but you get the idea

81usaf92

Hall of Fame
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Yet you still see the " Im hoping Jeremy does well", " How can you hate Kirby so much with all he did for us", and " I dont understand the Georgia hate" on here all the time.

Reactions: prattalumni

OrlandoBama

Bamanation Citizen
Dec 1, 2019

Its pretty much like you invite a guest into your home, take care of them and then a year or so later your next door neighbor decides to invite them to stay with them instead. The guest in turn, tries to set your house on fire on the way out ... well its not that dramatic but you get the idea
This is the perfect analogy :LOL:

Tug Tide

All-SEC
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
Belichik agrees with him.

“Look, I’m happy for the people that have worked hard for me to get opportunities," Belichick said in the documentary. “I want to see them build their own program. When they try to tear down our program, that’s kind of where the line, I feel like, gets crossed.”

Kind of hard to disagree with the two most successful people in their profession for there generation.

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL

More like he stays with you while getting a degree, and when he finally gets the opportunity to strike out on his own, he leaves without even a thank you - and takes your wife along.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Yep - ask for advice, but don't poach.
It's amazing how well this works when you do it on an everyday job situation (you know our normal jobs) but for some reason, a lot of people (not all thankfully) in higher paying jobs think this principle no longer applies to them. I hope Kirby continues to struggle until he starts doing things the right way.

Reactions: B1GTide

Latest threads

TideFansStore.com - up to 65% off!

TideFansStore.com Purchases made through our TideFansStore.com link may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.