Nikita Stover?

GrandBayTider

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2004
Prattville, AL
You can't have a recruiting board on TideFans without a Nikita Stover post! So I figured I would beat the rush. :)

Will Nikita be able to participate in the bowl game practices? I remember last year, a couple of the guys got to do this like JPW. I'm hoping he is able to get in the mix for playing time, and the more practices the better his chances.

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
Nikita Stover is firmly committed to Alabama.

Stover sat out of football this season at Itawamba JC to focus on graduating and getting to Tuscaloosa. In the early fall he said that he has everything in order to enroll at Alabama in December. He will have three years to play three.

Reportedly Stover has added muscle, he is up to about 205, and speed, he now runs a 4.41 in the forty.

When he signed with Bama in 2004 he was the #1 ranked player in Alabama and # 73 on the Scout.com Hot 100. Jess Nicholas called Stover "The cream of the crop" in his TideFans.com 2004 RECRUITING WRAPUP: BAMA FILLS MOST NEEDS.

Bama Mag: Nikita Stover Profile

Last edited:

Love the Ping

All-SEC
Jun 15, 2005
mdb93 said:
When will those who will be enrolling in December start practicing?
I believe they can start practicing after finals at the University are completed, but I'm not completely sure.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Great to hear...lord knows we need a sure-handed receiver like NS. The ones we have got on the roster already have been somewhat disappointing this year, with the exception of DJ Hall.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
ihatefulmer said:
After what we went through with the drops this year what kind of hands does Stover have?
good from what I have seen, but he did redshirt this year....may take a little adjusting

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Prior to Prothro going down, I would have thought Stover might have trouble breaking into the Alabama rotation since the rest of his signing class mates had a big jump on him. Now, assuming Prothro comes back slowly or has to redshirt in 2006, I would be surprised if Stover doesn't start alongside D.J. Hall.

Stover has great speed, very good hands and perhaps most impressively, knows how to play without the ball. He doesn't lollygag when he's running dummy routes, and he knows how to block downfield for running backs.

One of the people I utilize as a talent scout to bounce things off of when I'm writing recruiting articles called him, "the most complete high school WR I've seen in years" during Stover's senior season. Let's hope that translates to the college level.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.