NIL musings...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I was just mulling over how team-building has changed. When I entered UA (1957), freshmen were not eligible. The excitement consisted of anticipating the frosh recruited and watching them in JV games as they developed. No one left early for the draft. Fast forward to the present. Most excitement is focused on who we acquired from the portal. Can trading players be far away? It's a lot closer to being a fan of a pro team, much closer, and I don't really like it. I can see why so many successful older coaches, both in FB and BB decided it was time to retire...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I was just mulling over how team-building has changed. When I entered UA (1957), freshmen were not eligible. The excitement consisted of anticipating the frosh recruited and watching them in JV games as they developed. No one left early for the draft. Fast forward to the present. Most excitement is focused on who we acquired from the portal. Can trading players be far away? It's a lot closer to being a fan of a pro team, much closer, and I don't really like it. I can see why so many successful older coaches, both in FB and BB decided it was time to retire...
Waiting for a guy to be a solid redshirt jr. or sr. as he waiting his turn and improving while staying on the same team is gonna be something we hardly ever see.

Latest threads