crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Honestly, the tech didn't need to get better to fool these fools. There is a reason that they are fools.

Intelligent men and women will continue to use critical analysis to find the truth.

Reactions: dtgreg

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The segment on 60 Minutes a couple of weeks ago about deep fakes was very concerning.
It's relatively new tech and it's developing at an astronomical pace.

In the pro audio world this is a hot topic - at what point are we going to be asked to work on productions that are fakes of famous artists? How is that approached if the artist / mgmt / label don't tell you that's what going on? Is there liability involved for IP theft?

I've been watching this closely and it's insane how quickly it's progressed. I suspect in 3-5 years, max, fakes will be indiscernible from reality.

Reactions: dtgreg and B1GTide

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

In the pro audio world this is a hot topic - at what point are we going to be asked to work on productions that are fakes of famous artists? How is that approached if the artist / mgmt / label don't tell you that's what going on? Is there liability involved for IP theft?

I've been watching this closely and it's insane how quickly it's progressed. I suspect in 3-5 years, max, fakes will be indiscernible from reality.
We might all have to become YouTube stars to make a living I guess.

Bamaro

Hall of Fame
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

They may be already