NL East race (Braves win)

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I kinda got the hint that our thread should end so I’ll update this one about us, Phillies, and Mets and do series threads going forward.

As of August 16

1) Braves 62-56 (1 game in the 6th vs Padres)
2) Phillies 61-57 …. 1 GB
3) Mets 59-58…. 2.5 GB

DUE UP

-Braves @ Marlins for 3
- Phillies @ D-Backs for 4
- Mets @ Giants for 3

Reactions: DzynKingRTR

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The Braves have done this while beating up on terrible teams. Now, they couldn't even beat up on terrible teams 2 months ago, so I'll take the progress, but how much of this is real and applicable toward increased chances of winning in the playoffs? I have my doubts that this is real.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The Braves have done this while beating up on terrible teams. Now, they couldn't even beat up on terrible teams 2 months ago, so I'll take the progress, but how much of this is real and applicable toward increased chances of winning in the playoffs? I have my doubts that this is real.
The Reds aren’t a bad team. If the Giants weren’t the surprise team then they would be the hunted for the playoffs.

As I stated before…At this point I don’t care about our chances vs the Brewers in October. I would just love to shove it in the Mets and Phillies fans face that we won the East without Acuna and a consistent rotation.

Reactions: B1GTide

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
This is what annoys me about baseball commentators. For the past week they have been touting Phillies and Mets have far more gimmie games than the Braves. But fail to realize a lot of these “gimmie” games include powerful lineups and players that don’t have the fear of god in them because they just got called up. Winning these “gimmie” games in the 2nd half is a lot harder than what people realize. The Phillies just got 3 hit by the worst team in baseball. The Mets are falling and falling. I think both teams may regret not burying the Braves earlier because this team is getting hot and confident.

You can’t take one game for granted at this point. The Marlins and Nationals are going to decide who wins the East.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
This is what annoys me about baseball commentators. For the past week they have been touting Phillies and Mets have far more gimmie games than the Braves. But fail to realize a lot of these “gimmie” games include powerful lineups and players that don’t have the fear of god in them because they just got called up. Winning these “gimmie” games in the 2nd half is a lot harder than what people realize. The Phillies just got 3 hit by the worst team in baseball. The Mets are falling and falling. I think both teams may regret not burying the Braves earlier because this team is getting hot and confident.

You can’t take one game for granted at this point. The Marlins and Nationals are going to decide who wins the East.
Whatever the reason(s) the Braves have gone on tear the last few weeks while the Mets are falling apart at the seams and the Phillies are sweating bullets every night from the pressure.

On August 1st the standings were:

1) Mets 55-49
2) Phillies 52-53… 3.5 GB
3) Braves 52-54....4.0 GB

The Braves are 12-2 since....

The Phillies are 9-5 since.....

The Mets are 4-11 since.....

The Braves Key Offensive Players have all been on Run Producing tears during this 14 Game Stretch as well....

Freeman: (.346) 18 for 52 with 3 HR's 9 RBI's and 10 Runs Scored

Riley: (.322) 19 for 59 with 4 HR's 10 RBI's and 13 Runs Scored

Albies: (.237) 14 for 59 with 5 HR's 14 RBI's and 12 Runs Scored

Swanson: (.379) 22 for 58 with 4 HR's 15 RBI's and 14 Runs Scored

Duvall: (.196) 10 for 51 with 5 HR's 12 RBI's and 10 Runs Scored

There is still a LOT of Baseball left to play but as long as those core 5 guys don't go into a major slump collectively (like the beginning of the year), then I like our chances to win the Division.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Whatever the reason(s) the Braves have gone on tear the last few weeks while the Mets are falling apart at the seams and the Phillies are sweating bullets every night from the pressure.

On August 1st the standings were:

1) Mets 55-49
2) Phillies 52-53… 3.5 GB
3) Braves 52-54....4.0 GB

The Braves are 12-2 since....

The Phillies are 9-5 since.....

The Mets are 4-11 since.....

The Braves Key Offensive Players have all been on Run Producing tears during this 14 Game Stretch as well....

Freeman: (.346) 18 for 52 with 3 HR's 9 RBI's and 10 Runs Scored

Riley: (.322) 19 for 59 with 4 HR's 10 RBI's and 13 Runs Scored

Albies: (.237) 14 for 59 with 5 HR's 14 RBI's and 12 Runs Scored

Swanson: (.379) 22 for 58 with 4 HR's 15 RBI's and 14 Runs Scored

Duvall: (.196) 10 for 51 with 5 HR's 12 RBI's and 10 Runs Scored

There is still a LOT of Baseball left to play but as long as those core 5 guys don't go into a major slump collectively (like the beginning of the year), then I like our chances to win the Division.
Swanson is probably the biggest turnaround. People were ready to run him out of town. I include myself in that group.

Reactions: tusks_n_raider

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Swanson is probably the biggest turnaround. People were ready to run him out of town. I include myself in that group.
Yeah Dansby has been WHITE HOT for about 4 weeks.

If I go back just a few more games when this streak started it really pops.

Last 26 Games (.362) 38 for 105 with 8 HR's 30 RBI's and 22 Runs Scored

That's MVP level numbers for a Month's time..... Chipper Jones during the Summer and Fall vs. the Mets HOT.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Speaking of our 'Big Four' Infielders this Season, Look at THIS Graphic!!!

It was before last night's game so add 1 HR and RBI to Riley but everything else is still current.

Have 4 Infield teammates EVER all had 25+ Homeruns in the same season together before??.. because it's almost a LOCK at this point.

If they all stay hot they have a chance to all reach 30 Homeruns each. I'm almost 100% sure that's never happened before.

Their average age is 26.5 years old!!! Freddie is the oldest but at 31 years old he's just now really hitting the middle of his Prime. He could have a good 5-6 more years before any type of decline starts as both Hank and Chipper were Elite players until about 36-37 before their Bat Avg and production started to tail off.

Along with Acuña THIS is the nucleus of this Franchise and we HAVE to keep these guys together in ATL.

If we can get our Starting Pitcher's healthy and acquire a legitimate lock down Closer we will have many chances to make some Post Season runs in the next 5-10 years.

I know this has been a rough season but these 4 have been THE reason for our Turnaround in the last 2 weeks and they will be THE reason we win the East and have any sort of chance at making some Post-season noise.

Man just think if Soroka and Acuña were 100% right now.

I know it's a long way to October but I'm excited again for the 1st time since last year's NLCS.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Speaking of our 'Big Four' Infielders this Season, Look at THIS Graphic!!!

It was before last night's game so add 1 HR and RBI to Riley but everything else is still current.

Have 4 Infield teammates EVER all had 25+ Homeruns in the same season together before??.. because it's almost a LOCK at this point.

If they all stay hot they have a chance to all reach 30 Homeruns each. I'm almost 100% sure that's never happened before.

Their average age is 26.5 years old!!! Freddie is the oldest but at 31 years old he's just now really hitting the middle of his Prime. He could have a good 5-6 more years before any type of decline starts as both Hank and Chipper were Elite players until about 36-37 before their Bat Avg and production started to tail off.

Along with Acuña THIS is the nucleus of this Franchise and we HAVE to keep these guys together in ATL.

If we can get our Starting Pitcher's healthy and acquire a legitimate lock down Closer we will have many chances to make some Post Season runs in the next 5-10 years.

I know this has been a rough season but these 4 have been THE reason for our Turnaround in the last 2 weeks and they will be THE reason we win the East and have any sort of chance at making some Post-season noise.

Man just think if Soroka and Acuña were 100% right now.

I know it's a long way to October but I'm excited again for the 1st time since last year's NLCS.

The image is missing on my end.

Speaking of Chipper, apparently we have him to thank for some of the turnaround on hitting, especially Riley.

Reactions: tusks_n_raider

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
The image is missing on my end.

Speaking of Chipper, apparently we have him to thank for some of the turnaround on hitting, especially Riley.
The hoster deleted it for some reason?

It was a picture of the 4 of them in the Infield with their MLB position ranks at 3rd, 2nd, SS, and 1st as of 08/16

Riley 3B Ranks:

HR - 26 (5th)
RBI - 72 (6th)
WRC+ 135(3rd)
WAR 2.7 (8th)

Ozzie 2B Ranks:

HR - 22 (6th)
RBI - 83 (1st)
WRC+ 116 (13th)
WAR 3.5 (6th)

Dansby SS Ranks:

HR - 24 (1st)
RBI - 72 (2nd)
WRC+ 110(8th)
WAR 2.9 (7th)

Freddie 1B Ranks:
HR - 26 (5th)
RBI - 68 (8th)
WRC+ 135(6th)
WAR 3.3 (4th)

• Thank You

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
We are only 2.5 games back in the wild card. What happened to the Padres, they were running away with it at one point?
Missing Tatis and not taking games seriously. The Diamond Backs have been playing people tough with their future stars. I was reading an article yesterday saying the Phillies have many gimmie games vs the Nats and Marlins left… I’m like “ have you seen how tough the Nats have played people after the All Star break?”

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Missing Tatis and not taking games seriously. The Diamond Backs have been playing people tough with their future stars. I was reading an article yesterday saying the Phillies have many gimmie games vs the Nats and Marlins left… I’m like “ have you seen how tough the Nats have played people after the All Star break?”
I don't think there are any gimmie games left, except for the Cubs.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I don't think there are any gimmie games left, except for the Cubs.
I mean really… we have pounded the Nats all year but they put gray on the mound and we can’t hit anything. Same with Alacantra with the Marlins. You can’t take a game for granted at this point.

The Phillies and Mets have farted around with these teams all year with the Braves but they are now in a reality in which the Braves have a highly efficient offense and a good rotation and pen. If the Phillies and Mets don’t win the East then they should fire their manager pronto.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.