Game Thread: NLCS Game 4 (ATL 2-1): Braves @ Dodgers

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Agreed. All the talk about “Dodgers in the same spot as last year” are ignoring the big differences. First, Dodgers’ bullpen is in worse shape then ours. This we are not playing 7 games in 7 days in Texas. Braves get to go back to ATL with the lead, if necessary. Braves starters have been better then the Dodgers’.
I thought for sure today would be a loss with us pitching a bullpen game and then the dodgers would ride the momentum to win the series. Winning today changes things drastically. We have our ace against their bullpen and if the bats stay hot we will win the series. I am hoping Fried can give us at least 7 innings tommorow. Let's win this and hope the Astros and Sox go 7 games and the 7th game goes 30 innings.

BhamToTexas

All-SEC
Dec 25, 2020
Dang I just read through the game thread and there was so much negativity. Come on guys that was a great win. Fried is going to mow them down tomorrow!

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Dang I just read through the game thread and there was so much negativity. Come on guys that was a great win. Fried is going to mow them down tomorrow!
I dont think you are getting it because we have told you several times. 95% of Braves fans are like how 95% of Sox and Cubs fans were before their curse was broken. The curse is mostly a running joke in which we are having fun with and trying to pretend that we arent getting our hopes up. I think if people were truly honest we are Very optimistic of our chances at this point but we play up the curse and jinx. Sure Game 3 set most of us off because of how stupid it ended and we really didnt believe that we were going to win today But most of us still felt good about the series if we could get 1 in LA. So dont take it personal or get flustered when you see eeyorish posts about the Braves.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
The Braves are just better than the Billion Dollar Dodgers. Their lineup is better and their pitching is almost as good and was set up better coming into this series. (Posted something like this before the playoffs began.)

Of course, this doesn’t mean that the Dodgers can’t win, but this should have been a sweep.

Reactions: DzynKingRTR

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The Braves are just better than the Billion Dollar Dodgers. Their lineup is better and their pitching is almost as good and was set up better coming into this series. (Posted something like this before the playoffs began.)

Of course, this doesn’t mean that the Dodgers can’t win, but this should have been a sweep.
It’s like I said last year. Guys like Ben Zobrist win championships and guys like Barry Bonds send you to the off-season.

Rosario, Joc, and Riley have turned us into a clutch hitting team whereas last year it was home run or bust. I hate to say this but we may be better as a post season team without Acuna.

Still a lot of work to do, especially with this series. When they have reverted to a bullpen game we have had trouble hitting them consistently, but we are starting to get there after seeing them all week. If Fried is on then we can just about light up the cigars and watch the ALCS. But like I said that 4th win has to come before we do any celebrating.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.