No 2020 season - so how does the schedule work for 2021?

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
For SEC games does the conference use the 2020 schedule or the 2021 schedule? If they just move to 2021 that means Bama plays at JHS twice in a row, but LSU plays in Ttown twice in a row too.

Anyone have any idea? I haven’t seen anyone address this.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
For SEC games does the conference use the 2020 schedule or the 2021 schedule? If they just move to 2021 that means Bama plays at JHS twice in a row, but LSU plays in Ttown twice in a row too.

I think the easiest thing is to just go with what's already on the books. Otherwise, you have to flip games into perpetuity.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I would say move on as usual. Plus it prevents our campus from being trashed by UGA fans.

I hope we just nix this schedule if we don’t play because I’m looking forward to going to Alabama @ Florida next year since I’m living in South Alabama for the next few years.

Reactions: 92tide

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Probably would be best to just play 2021 as scheduled. Some schools may have arranged future OOC games based on what the conference schedule was for that year.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Hotel Reservations and other arrangements were made far in advance... :cool:

Reactions: seebell

cubzwin

Suspended
Jan 30, 2018
If there is a vaccine approved by January 2021 and widely available by March plus widespread availability of effective drugs, why not football in Spring 2021? Lot of money at stake.

Reactions: B1GTide

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
If there is a vaccine approved by January 2021 and widely available by March plus widespread availability of effective drugs, why not football in Spring 2021? Lot of money at stake.
I say give the spring sports that were cancelled/cut short their full season, and let football come back in the fall.

Also, a March vaccine would make the season start around mid-April at the earliest, run through the end of July (at best). That would give NO down time for players to play in the fall, which would start mid-September at the latest. I don't see that working.

Reactions: Con

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Probably would be best to just play 2021 as scheduled. Some schools may have arranged future OOC games based on what the conference schedule was for that year.
Honestly I would prefer to play Florida than Georgia, and Miami than USC in a season. But the only thing I would change is the next time UGA is on the schedule in 7 years that we play them in BDS.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Guessing they write off the 2020 season, and resume with 2021 as currently scheduled.

I originally thought they’d just push out the 2020 schedule to 2021, the 2021 schedule to 2022, etc. And if it were just conference games, you could do that.

But then I was reminded by an earlier poster of the non-conference games scattered throughout the year. It was pulling eye teeth to reschedule a single game FL - LSU a couple of years ago. No way to juggle all those variables amongst 14 schools.

So we get the benefit of having LSU at home two games in a row, but have Auburn on the road two games in a row. Swap UGA in Tuscaloosa for UF in Gainesville. Everybody will have similar tradeoffs.

Not a perfect solution. But if anyone out there has a better one, that is also realistically achievable, I’m all ears.

Note: Serious question....does anybody know how they handled this in 1943?

Reactions: NationalTitles18

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Guessing they write off the 2020 season, and resume with 2021 as currently scheduled.

I originally thought they’d just push out the 2020 schedule to 2021, the 2021 schedule to 2022, etc. And if it were just conference games, you could do that.

But then I was reminded by an earlier poster of the non-conference games scattered throughout the year. It was pulling eye teeth to reschedule a single game FL - LSU a couple of years ago. No way to juggle all those variables amongst 14 schools.

So we get the benefit of having LSU at home two games in a row, but have Auburn on the road two games in a row. Swap UGA in Tuscaloosa for UF in Gainesville. Everybody will have similar tradeoffs.

Not a perfect solution. But if anyone out there has a better one, that is also realistically achievable, I’m all ears.

I don’t think college football was a serious money maker in 1943 so I don’t think it really matter plus there probably wasn’t as many binding contracts.

The reason the UF-LSU game was such a mess in 2016 mostly stemmed around the fact that LSU went to Lambeau for their non conference P5 game and Florida was effectively taking another home game from them if they were forced to go to Gainesville. Personally I think both ADs were being donkeys and they should’ve moved the game to Mobile that week and been done with it.

I don’t think we are looking at that kinda situation for 2021. I believe everyone will probably be okay with just moving on because no one is really losing anything schedule wise. Sure Tennessee and LSU probably don’t like the fact that they have to Come back to BDS but I doubt Alabama really likes two straight trips to JHS.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Manufacturing and distributing that stuff will take time...and everyone will want theirs first. :cool:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Wan't that a couple of years after the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? :sneaky:

• Haha
Reactions: Con

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
I would say move on as usual. Plus it prevents our campus from being trashed by UGA fans.

I hope we just nix this schedule if we don’t play because I’m looking forward to going to Alabama @ Florida next year since I’m living in South Alabama for the next few years.
Yup. We have them to thank for all of the on campus building being locked. I headed their fans trashed bathrooms, broke toilets, and flooded bathrooms in various building on campus.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
As the barners jump up and down at the prospect of getting to host the IB two times in a row (Nix will be a junior with the experience of a freshman, LOL) they forget that they take a HUGE gut shot as well. They have to go to Baton Rouge, a place where they haven't won since 1999, two times in a row.

By the by, if things don't start getting better, like right flippin now....there won't be a 2021 season either

Reactions: crimsonaudio

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
I assume you are assuming there will be a vaccine by fall of 2021 and everyone is vaccinated. ;)

If that be the case I think it would be a good time for all the power 5 football schools to leave the NCAA and start a whole new organization with super conferences and a 6 or 8 team playoff. Since we are what ifin' and all! ;)

Otherwise what most everyone else has said...move on to 2021.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

Selma wasn't alive in 1943 so I guess we will just have to look that one up. :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.