No way tcu is better than Bama with a healthy Bryce Young. If the committee's job is to get the best 4 teams, they have to put Alabama over tcu.

braggtd

Suspended
Sep 25, 2011
TCU has numerous close game all year and stays at #3 after losing to a three loss KSU team with a backup QB. Georgia dominated every team they played last year and loses to Alabama in the SEC championship and dropped.

This was all about keeping away from a rematch with UM & OSU in the first round, period!
100%. Committee chair straight up lied. No way he can say it wasnt mentioned at all. No way....at all?

TriCountyTider

All-American
Aug 7, 2012
It will be a loooong off-season. But, hopefully, the fire will be hot for next season for these players coming back/in. The giddy of most of these talking heads would be enough for me to want to shove it up their collective backsides next season.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
They were bringing up TCU’s win over Texas vs. our win over Texas. They should have brought up one game was an out of conference and one was mandatory. TCU had a horrible out of conference. I have never heard of Tarelton State until yesterday.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I tuned in just in time to hear Rece say after they talked about Bama.....that its pretty clear we're going to have TCU and Ohio State.

Its funny, Herbstreit had Bama then OSU as his rankings and then changed them yesterday to OSU and Bama. The script has been handed out, they have been determined to influence the committee.
ESPN owns college football now. They were the driving force behind the 4 team playoff and were the driving force behind an expansion to 12. Not to mention paying players. The NCAA will do whatever ESPN harps on incessantly about, eventually.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
It will be a loooong off-season. But, hopefully, the fire will be hot for next season for these players coming back/in. The giddy of most of these talking heads would be enough for me to want to shove it up their collective backsides next season.
Not to be a Debbie downer, but the fire was supposed to be hot after last year, instead we got “anxiety” problems.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Even though Bama's not in there I have to root for someone so I'll root for Ohio State. IMO they're the only team in the Top 4 capable of beating Georgia . I hate Harbaugh and I think TCU is not a Top 4 team so I cannot root for those teams.

TIDE24

1st Team
Jan 12, 2000
Bartlett, TN
Bama has nobody to blame but Bama for not being in. No one with two losses has ever been in this playoff. They knew what was ahead of them going into the LSU (with a week off to prepare) and they did not do it.

I have no issue with TCU. Undefeated regular season in a P5. They lost in OT in a conference championship while OSU and Bama sat at home. They should not be penalized for that.

We can argue a 22 pt loss at home vs two last min losses on the road all day long, but it is what it is. The committee has always loved OSU (most will argue bama too) but bottom line they only had one loss. I will also go back to, if you can say we are two plays from being undefeated, we are also three plays from being a 5 loss team. OSU had some close games but not that bad and when our best win is TX and we were a missed fg from losing, that is not good.

braggtd

Suspended
Sep 25, 2011
Have to beat KSU now or they are right. I want Alabama to beat KSU by 50. Need Bryce to play.
There is a pretty good chance that could be an upset sadly... If a lot of our stars sit out. I don't see Bama being up for it and they have struggled all year as is. I'm hopeful they can just out talent them... It's all on the coaches and whether or not they can get them up for it.

Reactions: B1GTide

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Just got back and not really surpised. Not going to watch any of the talking heads practically gush over us not getting in. Watching the games last night and espn practically begging the committee to not put Alabama in was disgusting. I hope tcu loses by 50-60 points. I want the committee to be proven so wrong that they all rethink their lives. tcu not dropping at all after losing is the biggest sham ever. The big 12 championship game was a pointless game and never even should have been played.

No idea why some of you will be pulling for a pretender like tcu. This is bascially Cincinnati 2.0 and like most sequals it will be worse.

uga is probably going to win 2 in a row and this will be the worst place to live.

I will be pulling for ohio state, but only because of our ohio state posters.

Reactions: Con

braggtd

Suspended
Sep 25, 2011
Jalen would play

Mac would play

Tua would play

He better play.
We shall see. A lot has changed the past couple years. NIL, softness etc. I sure hope he plays. Not playing has become a trend. A long with transfers. Just a new NCAAF.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
So disappointing, but we have nowhere to look for blame but inward. We had every opportunity to TCOB against both UT and LSU, and we didn’t. Regardless of the reasons or excuses, we were a play away from winning either game and didn’t execute when we had to.

The unfortunate thing is we had a better resume than we’re getting credit for. The SEC West cannibalized each other down the stretch, with none of the teams we beat finishing well. We needed either Texas or Ole Miss to end up a top 10 team, and that just didn’t happen.

I also have no issues with TCU staying in. They shouldn’t be penalized for playing an extra game while Bama and OSU sat at home. It’s just a shame though how little the conference championship games actually matter now. All of the top 3 teams could have lost and been safe.

With all that said… Where I take issue is that Bama loses two games by a combined 4 point, then rebounds over multiple games. Ohio St limped down the stretch, nearly dropping games to Maryland and Northwestern before losing to Michigan by 22 in their final game... Both teams had 2 top 25 wins. Bama had a significantly harder schedule. (9th vs 39th) None of that is even remotely acknowledged by the talking heads of the committee.

We didn’t earn our spot, but neither did OSU. This was a cowards move by the committee of simply not wanting to take blowback of picking a 2 loss team over a 1 loss team.

For all the National whining about Bama/SEC bias, Rece was absolutely spot on when he said no one gets the benefit of the doubt more than Ohio St.

Reactions: LA BamaCarl

cjhadley

1st Team
Jan 1, 2007
Brewton, Alabama, United States
Bama has nobody to blame but Bama for not being in. No one with two losses has ever been in this playoff. They knew what was ahead of them going into the LSU (with a week off to prepare) and they did not do it.

I have no issue with TCU. Undefeated regular season in a P5. They lost in OT in a conference championship while OSU and Bama sat at home. They should not be penalized for that.

We can argue a 22 pt loss at home vs two last min losses on the road all day long, but it is what it is. The committee has always loved OSU (most will argue bama too) but bottom line they only had one loss. I will also go back to, if you can say we are two plays from being undefeated, we are also three plays from being a 5 loss team. OSU had some close games but not that bad and when our best win is TX and we were a missed fg from losing, that is not good.
I don’t feel like Alabama is a playoff team this year, but I do think they are better than TCU. But outside of Georgia, Michigan, and Ohio St it is really a toss up on who should have been the 4th team. I think Georgia got punished by having to play Ohio St in the first round. They can make excuses as to why TCU is in but there is no way they should be at 3. They only did that to avoid a rematch with Michigan and Ohio St in the first round.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Just got back and not really surpised. Not going to watch any of the talking heads practically gush over us not getting in. Watching the games last night and espn practically begging the committee to not put Alabama in was disgusting. I hope tcu loses by 50-60 points. I want the committee to be proven so wrong that they all rethink their lives. tcu not dropping at all after losing is the biggest sham ever. The big 12 championship game was a pointless game and never even should have been played.

No idea why some of you will be pulling for a pretender like tcu. This is bascially Cincinnati 2.0 and like most sequals it will be worse.

uga is probably going to win 2 in a row and this will be the worst place to live.

I will be pulling for ohio state, but only because of our ohio state posters.
That loss to LSU is what really did us in. A 1-Loss BAMA team this year is in the playoffs. I don't want to see Georgia win it again, and certainly not TCU, so I'm going to ride with the Buckeyes.

dabamafan

2nd Team
May 8, 2002
murfreesboro,tn USA
Agree Alabama is better than TCU. Perhaps not as deserving considering amount of talent vs utilizing said talent. As a fan I am spoiled ROTTEN 🙄 and I love it. For the controversy and chance to compete Im hopeful. BUT, this team has issues, has underperformed mightily and would perhaps be better off watching and learning vs entering the playoff a decided spoiler. RTR

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.