No way tcu is better than Bama with a healthy Bryce Young. If the committee's job is to get the best 4 teams, they have to put Alabama over tcu.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Why though?

TCU lost by 3 in OT at a neutral site.

tOSU is the ONLY team that could jump them but also lost their last game...at home...by 3 TDs

TCU was locked at 3 unless they got blown out.
Neutral site in texas (what does the T in tcu stand for again?)
lost to a 3 loss team starting their back-up QB

If the refs actually had counted the safety, would the game have actually gone to OT. The replay officals changed the game significantly.

Reactions: RammerJammer14

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Because they were DESTROYED by Utah and it was loss #2
Yeah, with a QB on one leg and one hand. I guess losing to a midtier Kstate is better. I don’t argue USC should be penalized, and I wouldn’t even argue TCU in the playoffs, but how can you lose to KState and stay #3?

denver

All-American
Nov 11, 2017
I don’t know about that. Ohio state was blown out and TCU lost in overtime in the conference championship.
True...but by putting in 2 B10 teams they are saying that the conference is strong ( its not)...so OSU should be #3....better than TCU's loss...but thats applying logic, which is irrelevant in the committees mind

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
We will have a chance to prove the narrative somewhat wrong if we can crush K state in the sugar bowl and if TCU gets destroyed by Michigan.
Yep

On the bright side a few weeks ago I thought Alabama could finish no higher than 5th

But depending on how the CFBP goes they could finish 3rd or 4th if they are motivated to prove people wrong.

I'm hoping they will dig deep and be fired up to beat K State ala Mich St 2010 style.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Yep

On the bright side a few weeks ago I thought Alabama could finish no higher than 5th

But depending on how the CFBP goes they could finish 3rd or 4th if they are motivated to prove people wrong.

I'm hoping they will dig deep and be fired up to beat K State ala Mich St 2010 style.
apparently losing doesn't make you drop at all.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Neutral site in texas (what does the T in tcu stand for again?)
lost to a 3 loss team starting their back-up QB

If the refs actually had counted the safety, would the game have actually gone to OT. The replay officals changed the game significantly.
Oh come on.... it was a neutral site with split tickets.

K States 'Back-up' is BETTER than the previous starter.

I don't even get why this bothers you.

Don't you HATE UGA?

tOSU is the MUCH tougher game than them getting TCU in the semis.

Mich gets TCU and will be more rested for the NCG

You should be happy about this.

Last edited:

statgrad96

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 26, 2008
Yep

Actually, between the portal and sit-outs, I’ll be surprised if we have 60 scholarship players in the Bowl game.

Also hearing they’ve asked about potentially the Orange as players would rather play Clemson.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Oh come on.... it was a neutral sight with split tickets.

K States 'Back-up' is BETTER than the previous starter.

I don't even get why this bothers you.

Don't you HATE UGA?

tOSU is the MUCH tougher game than them getting TCU in the semis.

Mich gets TCU and will be more rested for the NCG

You should be happy about this.
With both teams being purple teams, I could not tell if it was actually 50/50

I have not watched many K-State games, but looking at stats the QBs appear to be pretty equal in stats

It bothers me because losing should matter and it does except when it doesn't.

Yes, I hate uga

I don't think michigan has it easier than uga. Yes michigan trucked ohio state the last time they played, but we did that to uga last year too. Beating a team twice is very hard. I realize utah did it, but the first game was close and the second wasn't.

Happy that uga will face a team that got blown out in its last game? uga would beat tcu by 30-40. I think tcu/michigan will be closer than most think.

Reactions: RammerJammer14

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I tell you who should be mad right now...Clemson fans. If Dabo had pulled the trigger on the QB switch weeks ago, Clemson is in the playoff. His loyalty to DJ cost them big time.

99ALUM

3rd Team
Sep 11, 2006
Pell City, AL
The motivation should be that our coaches don’t get out coached by a sweeter vest wearing coach with a fake accent and not even a full college roster. That should be Bama’s motivation. Don’t vomit the bed against teams you should beat.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Clemson replaced its starting QB and he lit up UNC in the ACC Championship Game. Either one will give us all we want, especially if Bryce and others skip the bowl game.

TriCountyTider

All-American
Aug 7, 2012
Not to be a Debbie downer, but the fire was supposed to be hot after last year, instead we got “anxiety” problems.
Well, not to be a sunshine pumper but, if the necessary changes were made at certain coaching positions at the end of last year's playoff we probably have a fire that is still burning rather than having to be rekindled. But, I digress.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.