No way tcu is better than Bama with a healthy Bryce Young. If the committee's job is to get the best 4 teams, they have to put Alabama over tcu.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Well, if we manage the clock in regulation at UT we win.

If we don’t wet the bed on D in overtime at LSU we win.

We should’ve taken care of business. Period.
exactly. I have a hard time convincing myself that our 2 losses (to teams that got handled by UGA)are somehow less worse than the other 1 loss teams out there.

Tubafore

Scout Team
Dec 13, 2018
Huntsville, AL
What I learned today: nothing that happened yesterday was going to get us in, TCU doesn't drop because they lost by much less at a neutral site, and that coach can be right that Alabama would be favored against ~half the playoff field and be ignored by the experts picking the field.

I also learned I was simultaneously indignant for Alabama and relieved for myself. I needed a break

Reactions: SkullDuckery

bvandegraff

All-American
Mar 13, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
All the talk about the CFP seems to assume that if we got in, we'd suddenly transmogrify into a disciplined, focused, fundamentally sound football team that plays to its talent level and is led by competent and creative coordinators with great in-game awareness. I think we're better off treating bowl practices as another spring camp, kicking butt in the Sugar Bowl, locking in this top-ranked recruiting class, and commencing with the rebuild.

Don't get me wrong, it would've been great to get into the CFP, but if this team learned anything, it's that they'll always have to take care of business emphatically on the field, because if they leave any room for doubt, they'll get denied....every time.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Well, I’m disappointed but definitely not surprised. We lost 2 really close away games and whistled by the graveyard on a couple others. Yeah we’re probably the better team right now with a healthy Bryce and likely favored over the 1 loss playoff teams but we all knew the committee wasn’t gonna include a 2 loss non division winner. Just go convincingly beat K-State but by all means don’t pull a transitive properties mythical championship like a certain Florida team did a few years back.
ROLL TIDE!!!

Last edited:

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I tell you who should be mad right now...Clemson fans. If Dabo had pulled the trigger on the QB switch weeks ago, Clemson is in the playoff. His loyalty to DJ cost them big time.
I never understood why Dabo was playing Ukulele. Never thought he was very good.

Reactions: B1GTide

TriCountyTider

All-American
Aug 7, 2012
All the talk about the CFP seems to assume that if we got in, we'd suddenly transmogrify into a disciplined, focused, fundamentally sound football team that plays to its talent level and is led by competent and creative coordinators with great in-game awareness. I think we're better off treating bowl practices as another spring camp, kicking butt in the Sugar Bowl, locking in this top-ranked recruiting class, and commencing with the rebuild.

Don't get me wrong, it would've been great to get into the CFP, but if this team learned anything, it's that they'll always have to take care of business emphatically on the field, because if they leave any room for doubt, they'll get denied....every time.
Well put, and I completely agree. Nose to the grindstone now and WORK to correct it next season. We can play hypotheticals all day. But, the fact of the matter is, win and your in. Bama(with ref help) against that orange team was a blow. Losing to a mediocre LSU was even more damning.
Fact of the matter is, we won some close ones and lost 2 close ones. Those close wins against teams we should have smoked hurt as much as the 2 losses.
FWIW, I do think we still had an argument for getting in. We started playing better late in the season. But, apparently that didn't even matter to the committee. Do your job and leave no doubt.
Still mad we can lose on a last second field goal and drop out of the top 4, yet you can lose a conference championship game in OT and not drop a single spot. Sabans argument of " would we be favored or would we be underdogs?" Still holds water.
But, whatever.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
What I learned today: nothing that happened yesterday was going to get us in, TCU doesn't drop because they lost by much less at a neutral site, and that coach can be right that Alabama would be favored against ~half the playoff field and be ignored by the experts picking the field.

I also learned I was simultaneously indignant for Alabama and relieved for myself. I needed a break
K St was on the way to embarrassing TCU but blew it late. Had it continued that way, we would have been in. Losing by 3 in OT was nowhere enough to get them out of it.

Reactions: B1GTide

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
K St was on the way to embarrassing TCU but blew it late. Had it continued that way, we would have been in. Losing by 3 in OT was nowhere enough to get them out of it.
2 things changed that game. The safety that the replay official got wrong and the muffed punt. Hell, actually calling the safety a safety like it clearly was changes the entire game. We will never know how things would have turned out.

Reactions: TriCountyTider

MILEHIGHTIDE

1st Team
Apr 9, 2011
the pundits are now talking about and asking questions regarding on if tcu will show up and can they make it a competitive game with meech…like setting them up to get blown out and already making excuses…they know they do not belong but even at that #3 get out of here

body of work tcu’s schedule

colorado 1-11
tarelton 6-5
smu 7-5
oak 6-6
kan 6-6
okst 7-5
kst 9-3
wva 5-7
tt 7-5
tx 8-4
bay 6-6
iowast 4-8

lost to ksu who was 0-3 against ranked opps and played with their backup qb and missing #1 wr

using the committees logic why punish usce for playing in a championship game

conference sos
sec #1
p12 # 2
b12 #3
acc #4
b10 # 5

b10 gets 2 teams in

psu #11 lost both ranked games by 13pts and 24pts no wins over ranked opps

RTR

Reactions: Con and BamaHoosier

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.