Link: Noah Gurley will transfer to Bama

TideEngineer08

Hall of Fame
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
It's stunning how quickly Coach Oats has turned all of this around. I sometimes hesitate to compare, because they are different sports with different championship models and what Coach Saban has done with football is really unprecedented. But it truly is a very similar path we are on in basketball. The tournament is what it is as we found out all too painfully this season. But this is shaping up to be a final 4 program next season.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Just remember that Coach Oats will not necessarily start the five best players. He wants to be able to substitute and not lose performance. He will look for combinations and good players coming off the bench to rest the starters.
That is a good point. A couple of times this season, I thought I could detect little expressions of despair on our opponents' faces, when they saw what was coming off the bench and at them. After he sold JQ on being the 6th man, I concluded he could sell ice to Eskimos...

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Just remember that Coach Oats will not necessarily start the five best players. He wants to be able to substitute and not lose performance. He will look for combinations and good players coming off the bench to rest the starters.
Good point. I don't know how well it will work but we could have a 11-12 man rotation next year. I know we had a lot of 10 man rotations this year. That will be sending waves of really talented, athletic players at our opponents.

Reactions: CraigD