Link: Noah Gurley will spend his Covid year at Bama...

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I think the comparisons of this years team to the 2008 football team are very appropriate. With the talent we now have in place we are setup to be a very legit national championship contender.
True, I think this move now puts the 21 team in the category of the 2009 football team and we all know how that turned out. Not say this team will win a championship but if all goes well and everyone buys in to what the Oats is cooking ... this will be a Final Four team. We these three additions, plus the guys already signed PLUS the current roster we have returning, I won't be surprised if we are ranked top 5 starting out. I want to go higher but its still too many unknowns at the moment. But wow ... this has he potential to be the best roster at Bama ever. What the heck is Oats doing? lol

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Roll Tide! We are going to have a great team next year. I am giddy just thinking about it. Do we know any of next year's out of conference opponents yet?
Not yet ... I know we play South Alabama if I remember correctly and take part in one of the early tournaments.

The good thing is, we don't have to go undefeated, just win the games we need to and go into the tournament healthy then maaaaaaan ... lol

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
OK, I watched the first 3 minutes of that video and I'll tell you what I see in this stretch 4:

1. Explosive to the rim!
2. Ability to shoot the 3
3. Ability to get in the paint and post (if need be) with his back to the basket and athletic enough to shoot over bigs and/or put on the floor. This is the type of player we really didn't have last year. He's a perfect fit!!! He's a matchup disaster for other teams if they have a clumsy forward or center that has to guard him!

And we know he's a guaranteed scorer. Doubt he can pull 15 a game in having to share minutes, but he's definitely the kind of player who may average double digits. Proven experience!

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
OK to play This season?
It's still a little confusing with the possible rile change but it looks like he and Nimari will be able to play this season.

Yes, that, depending in part on how the numbers work out. Past that, there's going to be a bench/PT problem to work out also. There's a lot of talent there and only so many minutes (and balls) to go around. I think of it as "The Calipari Problem"...
That's a good point, hopefully everyone with this team will continue to buy and and understand this roster was put together with the intent to make a final four run. We know that Oats will play 10-plus guys but there will be some nights where the rotation will be 10 or less because of matchups. But as you noted, its definitely a good problem to have.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.