ADMIN NOTE: Now a Utahn ... Anyone else in SLC area?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
was 95 here yesterday with <10% humidity.

Not yet used to getting in my car in the morning and not needing a shirt change for the 8 foot walk through the garage! Sat on deck last nigh at 90 degrees and totally enjoyed it and the view. Humidity is demonic IMHO :D

:D
It's 78 with 56% humidity here on the mountain top, but I don't fool myself that it's going to last... :)

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Congrats on the relocation, Brett. Never been to SLC, but have spent some time in Colorado, specifically, Colorado Springs and the elevation, humidity, etc. were awesome. I am still contemplating a move, but still have no clue where I want to go. It just isn't much fun being alone and having to make a decision of that magnitude.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Daughter will be competing in the national tumbling and trampoline championship in Sandy Utah in about 3 weeks.. About 25 minutes from SLC..Cant wait to get a glimpse however i'm terrified of the airplane ride. will be taking hundreds of photos
Awesome! Congrats to her. Thats 5 min from me. If you wave I’ll probably see you from my house :D Some nice places to eat in both Sandy & Draper.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: gamersfuel

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
Lots of National Parks to visit without leaving the state. We did Badlands, Rushmore, Devils Tower and Glacier last August. There is some beautiful country out west. Hope you and your family enjoy living out there. RTR

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
On a hot day you could swing in and buy lemonade from these two girls. They are in West Jordan, which I believe is very near your new home:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
It's 78 with 56% humidity here on the mountain top, but I don't fool myself that it's going to last... :)
The weather guys usually don't deal with humidity percentages anymore. They use the "dewpoint" instead. Needless to say but the higher the dewpoint the more "humid" it feels and evaporation of sweat is not possible. I'd venture to guess that 78 on the top of MS there in Huntsville feels more humid than 95 in SLC because of the dewpoint differences. Just a guess.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Daughter will be competing in the national tumbling and trampoline championship in Sandy Utah in about 3 weeks.. About 25 minutes from SLC..Cant wait to get a glimpse however i'm terrified of the airplane ride. will be taking hundreds of photos
The Airplane Ride should be safer than taking a long car ride.
I've flown on most flying contraptions... Planes, both big and small, and Helicopters & Jet Copters. Once your in the air it's a smoother ride than Alabama Highways, unless you fly thru storms.
That may be why they serve Drinks on big planes...

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Look up Caputo's Market. They had the best sandwich I'd ever eaten until 2 weeks ago when a place across the street from Yogi Berra Park in STL edged them out.
Thanks. Will do. Let me know when you next come out this way.

To celebrate our 26th wedding anniversary last night, we found a local "southern kitchen" spot which was a very good & relaxing soul-food type place. Lots of food for not very much $. Owner/chef was great.

bvandegraff

All-American
Mar 13, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
Welcome to the Mountain Time Zone, and enjoy the earlier game starts!! I lived most of my life in the South before moving to Albuquerque in 2007, and I must say I do appreciate the lack of humidity out here! Another great thing about the West is that you can get in your car and be in the middle of nowhere in about 30 minutes, and the mountain views never get old.

As for Utah itself, the Moab area is pretty amazing.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Congrats on the relocation, Brett. Never been to SLC, but have spent some time in Colorado, specifically, Colorado Springs and the elevation, humidity, etc. were awesome. I am still contemplating a move, but still have no clue where I want to go. It just isn't much fun being alone and having to make a decision of that magnitude.
I lived in Colorado Springs for three years in the early 70s.

When were you there, GT? :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.