Observations from last night's NC Game

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I think some are mis remembering the game Nov 9th. despite Bama turning the ball over 3 times and once on downs on the negative side of the 50, and kept an LSU drive alive with defensive penalties in the first half, LSU gained less yards against Bama than against Clemson, . there Is more than one way to defense a team, and with all due respect to a Kevin Steele and Brent Venables. I believe Nick is the man to do it. Even with all the injuries we had in our front 7.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Yep. They ran it quite a bit. One of the 7 is 6'1" and 230lbs though. Pretty old school for a safety to be that size. Ours are all 200 ish. Maybe one guy at 210.
Yeah, based on body types I put them in a 3-2-6 most of the night.

Reactions: Islander

tide power fan

All-SEC
Nov 26, 2011
According to a lot of LSU fans I unfortunately had to talk to today. That's not the case. Apparently Burrow has always been this good and experience and his age had nothing to do with it. He just came out of the womb a finished product. I swear, LSU fans are about as insufferable as they come. Lord Jesus...
That's why I couldn't pull for them.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I read that Grant Delpit (LSU) is leaving early for NFL as a junior; so is Clemson's Tee Higgins. I hope all their juniors leave early. :) I guess most will probably stay though. Glad Bama has more juniors coming back than I thought would.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
LSU's big adjustment was largely true spread where they made Clemson stretch their defense out from sideline to sideline. To really stress Clemson out, they even went 5 wide spread.

LSU's problem in the 1st quarter was that they spent most of it right under the shadow of their own goal post with a Clemson heavy part of the stadium to their backs. LSU tends to use more bunch alignments in short yardage or when they're backed up such as they were. The bunch helps shield against the threat that a clean pursuit from the edge could result in a safety.

Emsigner and Brady basically had to scrap their script and go into situational offense that Clemson may've been more well prepared to stop. Once they got into more conventional drive starts, they opened up their formations and picked apart Clemson's attempt to relive the relative success Auburn enjoyed with a niche 7 DB alignment.
Exactly. They simply forced those safeties to have to guard a WR and it was a feast for LSU.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.