Obvious Needs for 2022

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Since we've about beat to death our short-comings, I thought we might talk about what we see as the greatest needs as starters for next year, either from our current roster or through recruiting/transfer portal.

Offense:
1. RB -- a dominant one, i.e., big, strong, fast, and agile who can make his own hole and take it the distance. BR is good, but we need another Nagee, DH, Mark Ingram, etc.
2. At least 2 OL -- 1 left tackle and a take charge center.
3. TE -- either Latu and Jahleel have to develop better hands or we need someone else to step up. Every great offense that I have seen has a great TE.

Defense:
1. MLB -- strong enough to take on linemen and fast enough to cover in pass defense, etc. #10 is a really good strong safety playing LB.
2. DT -- we're losing a couple...can never have too many of these.
3. Safeties: JB will go pro and the others are flawed at best. Can Kristen Storey step up and be the answer?
4. CB -- Kool Aid is one; Branch and Moore should be the others. Do we have any recruits coming in who can play immediately?

Special Teams:
1. Punter...

Any thoughts?

Reactions: Bama75&80

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
Only thing I'll say is our running game went down alot when Jace went down, he's more shifty than B Rob and can catch the swing pass out of the backfield, I do believe that J billinglesy will transfer I just don't think he likes the way Saban runs everything, I hope I'm wrong. On defense who knows it's a crap shoot

Reactions: Padreruf

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Agree with your list. But we have been recruiting at an elite level for some time now and our only problems this year (other than youth) are injuries. We get back our 3 x 5* backs healthy next year plus the trench guys and we are better than outstanding. We have a nice class now. I say we take the most talented, freakish athlete at any position and keep on Rolling!

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Agree with your list. But we have been recruiting at an elite level for some time now and our only problems this year (other than youth) are injuries. We get back our 3 x 5* backs healthy next year plus the trench guys and we are better than outstanding. We have a nice class now. I say we take the most talented, freakish athlete at any position and keep on Rolling!
I hear you on the RB's...but they are all smaller, faster runners. We need a big RB who can move the pile...

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
I don’t think Branch and Moore are fast enough to be elite CBs. They are more safeties.
Very possibly true...they seem to have quickness and ball savy, but not blazing speed. I am excited to see what Kristen Storey brings to the table...he's being groomed as our next big safety...he was a do everything player in HS and seems to be a big, strong, and fast athlete.

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
We will have 2 running backs coming back from ACL tears and a 3rd in Wheaton that had a menicus issue that has kept him from playing yet and a 4th back in Sanders that has broken a foot and hip/pelvis and is still not all the way back. I think we need another running back recruit this year.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
To answer the OP's title the biggest need is CB and the one recruit we need to sign is Domani Jackson. He has run a 10.25 100 meters and has closing speed you rarely see. This is somewhat of a stretch but with his speed it reminds me of Deion Sanders. Little and Harris are both great players who I want also but not quite as fast.
Jackson would be the cherry on top if Bama got him

Reactions: BamaRulez

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Since we've about beat to death our short-comings, I thought we might talk about what we see as the greatest needs as starters for next year, either from our current roster or through recruiting/transfer portal.

Offense:
1. RB -- a dominant one, i.e., big, strong, fast, and agile who can make his own hole and take it the distance. BR is good, but we need another Nagee, DH, Mark Ingram, etc.
2. At least 2 OL -- 1 left tackle and a take charge center.
3. TE -- either Latu and Jahleel have to develop better hands or we need someone else to step up. Every great offense that I have seen has a great TE.

Defense:
1. MLB -- strong enough to take on linemen and fast enough to cover in pass defense, etc. #10 is a really good strong safety playing LB.
2. DT -- we're losing a couple...can never have too many of these.
3. Safeties: JB will go pro and the others are flawed at best. Can Kristen Storey step up and be the answer?
4. CB -- Kool Aid is one; Branch and Moore should be the others. Do we have any recruits coming in who can play immediately?

Special Teams:
1. Punter...

Any thoughts?
I have stressed this over and over. We have to stop comparing players to what we had in past. Every players are different and bring their own unique skillset to the team.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
We need an Alpha DT in my opinion. We have edge rushers on the roster that need developing including Dallas Turner. We need that Christian Barmore, Quinnen Williams , DaRon Payne, Jonathon Allen presence on the line. Someone that can collapse the interior.
Consistently demand double teams, be it through speed, technique, or sheer badassery strength, we need someone who forces the center or guard to chip, or be ready to chip, on every play so the pressure packages have holes and unblocked rushers coming at them.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
We need an Alpha DT in my opinion. We have edge rushers on the roster that need developing including Dallas Turner. We need that Christian Barmore, Quinnen Williams , DaRon Payne, Jonathon Allen presence on the line. Someone that can collapse the interior.
He may already be on campus. Barmore and Q Williams come to mind in past players that just took off after some time in the program. But you are right...got to keep recruiting the big bosses on the D Line.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.