OC and DC replacement discussion

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Wanna know why I pay ZERO attention to recruiting?

Because "Billy Ray gone come to Alabama and set AAAAWWWLLL de records..."

He went 7 of 13 for 40 yards, 0 TDs, and an INT and transferred to Duke.

I've never paid ANY attention to recruiting since then. Too many "this guy is the next so-and-so" who wind up being the next "well, he could have been but his head wasn't in the game."

(I'll grant recruiting is far more refined with far fewer misses now than used to happen - but it's still an imprecise science and why waste time getting excited over some guy who may never play a single snap).

I'm not judging y'all who keep up with it, to each his or her own - I just don't pay it no never mind.

(Bo Jackson was actually Auburn's #2 choice when they recruited him btw; it happens).
Wasn't the #1 priority for Auburn at running back that year Alan Evans?

Last edited:
Reactions: bama_wayne1

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Wanna know why I pay ZERO attention to recruiting?

Because "Billy Ray gone come to Alabama and set AAAAWWWLLL de records..."

He went 7 of 13 for 40 yards, 0 TDs, and an INT and transferred to Duke.

I've never paid ANY attention to recruiting since then. Too many "this guy is the next so-and-so" who wind up being the next "well, he could have been but his head wasn't in the game."

(I'll grant recruiting is far more refined with far fewer misses now than used to happen - but it's still an imprecise science and why waste time getting excited over some guy who may never play a single snap).

I'm not judging y'all who keep up with it, to each his or her own - I just don't pay it no never mind.

(Bo Jackson was actually Auburn's #2 choice when they recruited him btw; it happens).
I only pay attention to it in terms of “is Alabama still recruiting on a high level or what is perceived to be a high level” yeah recruiting rankings aren’t full proof but I still think they mean something.

Reactions: Countrytider2

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
Reactions: Toddrn

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.