OC and DC replacement discussion

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I can easily see why. If his defenses are getting gashed at Alabama with that type of talent, can you imagine how a team with less talent would perform?
Yes, but I'd assume he'd hire another DC and try to be the CEO. That's what I'd think a team would "gamble" on with him.

Plus, some schools will straight up tell you defense doesn't matter as much as offense, so he'd be perfect at a school like that (assuming he's hire a decent OC).

Reactions: Lucky Jack

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
One thing Nick did when he left LSU which paid huge dividends in them not completely falling off the face of the earth when he left, is he left the program STOCKED FULL of talent. That made it much easier for the transition from Saban to Miles. I think that is exactly what will happen with us, when Nick decides to hang it up, the incoming coach will have a filth of riches when it comes to talent.
Hope your right. I hate to see coaches leave, and leave behind a no talent team.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Let me add this though in regards to Golding and the Alabama defense, or lack thereof. I predict at least one maybe more defensive assistants will be let go. Not sure which ones but the DL and secondary woefully underperformed this year so those position coaches could be in trouble. If Golding remains then somebody has to take the fall for the defense's poor performance.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Let me add this though in regards to Golding and the Alabama defense, or lack thereof. I predict at least one maybe more defensive assistants will be let go. Not sure which ones but the DL and secondary woefully underperformed this year so those position coaches could be in trouble. If Golding remains then somebody has to take the fall for the defense's poor performance.
A lot of coaches need to go, but if Golding isn't one of them, it won't matter. It will amount to Saban sweeping the problem under the rug.

BamaBoySince89

All-American
Aug 13, 2016
Harvest, AL
If you have to lose only one of BOB or Golding, which one you choosing? To me it is hand's down Golding.
BoB actually showed he could call a decent game against the Barn, but was that due to him trying to get a “hey look at me as a playcaller” look from other schools or the light just clicked on?

Golding on the other hand, might be a decent coach but his inability to make adjustments is a killer.

It’s pick your poison with both, there is no right answer because either way, we lose keeping one and booting the other

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
The fact we feel the need to make this thread is depressing.
Alabama won the iron bowl for the third straight time for only the third time in my life (born in 1987) by 22 points. And I am procrastinating on watching the iron bowl cause of BOBs offense and Pete’s defense. That’s depressing.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Remember when Auburn tried running proset with spread personnel and then vice-versa? It was a disaster.

I can only think that CNS was trying to roll-back his offense to a more balanced attack running and passing thinking a hire like Bob and Marrone would help with the transition something more like what we had in 2012 or 2015. He wanted more ball control and power back in the offense. Bob's bandaid was to just have the offense stand there like prairie dogs milking the clock. It was a failure imo.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.