OC and DC replacement discussion

BamaBoySince89

All-American
Aug 13, 2016
Harvest, AL
Listen, I know we may not want to have this conversation, but then again after what we've witnessed the past 2 years it's time. I'm hoping CNS makes changes across the board but here's some names I can come up with: (don't shoot, I'm just throwing out names)

Offensive Coordinator
Jeff Lebby
Kendal Briles
Garrett Riley

Defensive Coordinator
Jeremy Pruitt (but a NCAA Show-Cause will kill that if the SEC Office doesn't)
Will Muschamp
Mike Tressel (he did well considering what he had against us in the Cotton Bowl)
The rest, I haven't got the slightest clue.

Well, let's hear it...

Last edited:
Reactions: dathbama

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I've said it before but here's my take on Pruitt. I think you bring him in as an analyst sooner rather than later. If anyone tries to stop you, you tell them to pound sand. Show cause doesn't even stop a school from hiring a coach, but it does mean the penalties can carry over with the coach. I don't believe that would actually apply to an analyst though, as they would not be allowed to recruit and I think even interactions with players are already limited.

So you can't hire him as a coach. Fine, don't hire him as a coach. Hire him as an analyst, and with that you are putting him on deck, you get his wealth of knowledge and basically when ever you are ready to call the NCAA's bluff, or what ever you can make him the coordinator. But I think it's an obvious move.

BamaBoySince89

All-American
Aug 13, 2016
Harvest, AL
So someone explain this to me: is there a statute of limitations for show causes? How long does this follow Pruitt around?
I'm guessing it depends on what the NCAA does. I wouldn't mind having Pruitt and Bo Davis back. Davis was one of 3 key pieces (Smart, and Cochran) to the early domination

EDIT: I think I found the answer, so by that definition Pruitt could actually come back. However would the SEC put the breaks on him like they did Freeze for a few years.
Definition of "show cause"

Last edited:

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL
Listen, I know we may not want to have this conversation, but then again after what we've witnessed the past 2 years it's time. I'm hoping CNS makes changes across the board but here's some names I can come up with: (don't shoot, I'm just throwing out names)

Offensive Coordinator
Jeff Lebby
Kendal Briles
Garrett Riley

Defensive Coordinator
Jeremy Pruitt (but a NCAA Show-Cause will kill that if the SEC Office doesn't)
Will Muschamp
Mike Tressel (he did well considering what he had against us in the Cotton Bowl)
The rest, I haven't got the slightest clue.

Well, let's hear it...
I’m not sure what anyone’s opinion is of him but what about Tom Herman? He’s working as an analyst for CBS.

Also, any chance Sabah would look at Kevin steele. Doesn’t seem like they’ve had the best relationship in the past but he can coach.

Will Muschamp has the Co defensive coordinator title at Georgia but I would assume you would want to run things yourself if you’re him.

lastly, I like the Pruitt as an analyst plan and would love to bring Bo Davis back. I’m not sure Davis would be willing to make a lateral move from Texas.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Definitely Riley as OC would be my first call. Young, innovative play caller. If not him then definitely Phil Longo

As far as DC, my first call would be to Glenn Schumann. He graduated from here and was here for 8 years (last 2 as Director of Player Development and Associate Director of Player Personnel). Co-DC at Georgia now, and if that doesn't work, kick tires on Jim Leonhard and see if he's interested in moving south

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I’m not sure what anyone’s opinion is of him but what about Tom Herman? He’s working as an analyst for CBS.

Also, any chance Sabah would look at Kevin steele. Doesn’t seem like they’ve had the best relationship in the past but he can coach.

Will Muschamp has the Co defensive coordinator title at Georgia but I would assume you would want to run things yourself if you’re him.

lastly, I like the Pruitt as an analyst plan and would love to bring Bo Davis back. I’m not sure Davis would be willing to make a lateral move from Texas.
Honestly, I'm torn. If CNS brings back some of the older coaches like Pruit OR Muschamp some fire could return.

But I also feel like it would be better for CNS to bring in some young guns...new everything.

IDK, I've got nothing.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Anyone but BOB and Golding. Please.

I read Jess's writeup, and he is right. Maybe someone can post it at the top so people can comment? Thanks. I read it at 4:30 am when my dog woke me up and I had trouble going back to sleep due to frustration and disappointment. I can' let games affect me like this. 24 hour rule for me on this one. RTR

rtr90

1st Team
Dec 7, 2018
at some point players dont respond to coaches ... we may have reached that point

so no matter how good our current coaches might appear change is needed

first on my wish list is strength coach

i was so impressed with CNS in 2007-2010 as far as WR not dropping balls ... now we have reverted to Shula level. Is it coaching /talent/discipline I dont know.

DC= Pruit

cjhadley

1st Team
Jan 1, 2007
Brewton, Alabama, United States
at some point players dont respond to coaches ... we may have reached that point

so no matter how good our current coaches might appear change is needed

first on my wish list is strength coach

i was so impressed with CNS in 2007-2010 as far as WR not dropping balls ... now we have reverted to Shula level. Is it coaching /talent/discipline I dont know.

DC= Pruit
It is coaching and discipline. The amount of penalties and dropped balls shows that the players are severely lacking discipline and that is a reflection on coaching.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Question: We've seen CNS light up Gol*ing a few times on the sidelines the past couple of years.

Has he lit into BOB like that? Could it be a factor that BOB is closer to his age?

I'd kinda like to see OLD CNS has a younger OC that he could light up a few times a game when they do something stupid. But BOB is in the box drinking diet coke with his hat turned backward like he's out on a Sunday drive. Don't get it.

AWRTR

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2022
I don’t watch the NFL much. How is San Francisco’s defense doing?
I down with this. Would love to have good Bama boy. His passion would be off the charts for the school and I can’t imagine he wouldn’t recruit well and he’s young enough to relate well to the players.

AWRTR

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2022
Question: We've seen CNS light up Gol*ing a few times on the sidelines the past couple of years.

Has he lit into BOB like that? Could it be a factor that BOB is closer to his age?

I'd kinda like to see OLD CNS has a younger OC that he could light up a few times a game when they do something stupid. But BOB is in the box drinking diet coke with his hat turned backward like he's out on a Sunday drive. Don't get it.
I wan to slap that hat off his head when it’s backwards. It looks so dumb. I’m in my mid 40’s and it has reminded me to never turn my hat backwards.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.