OC and DC replacement discussion

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
We all talk about our coaches and we have a few bad ones but we don't know if we have alot of good ones because players don't stay long enough to be developed, especially now with the transfer portal

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
It is useless speculating who will take a jobs that aren't even open. We need to possibly come to terms that we may not get any changes at all. Based on things said by Saban, nothing is going to change. He is not firing anyone. They will have to leave on their own.
that's not completely true - Saban isn't going to throw assistants under the bus, but he could certainly help them along and/or not renew a contract. That said, we surely want to wait until NSD to announce any coming changes to limit the potential impact, although there is a rumor that BOB has told some recruits he might not be here next year...

BigPoppa52

3rd Team
Oct 25, 2020
I want Bob gone, but I’m also scratching my head how people keep wanting to hire him. He keeps failing upward.
I may be wrong on this, and so look forward to some discussion, but I think it must be far easier to be an NFL OC than doing it in college. First, all you're dealing with are the best of the best, they know how to play and know that learning and doing their job is key to keeping it. Second, longevity. NFL doesn't have to start at ground zero and teach upwards - just their individual schemes. Makes it a lot easier seems to me. And third, then you let them play while you sit in the box with your hat on backwards doing whatever. They know what to do and if they don't, the position coaches on the field get their attention. Once you tailor a game plan to your players, all thats left is making adjustments for what the defense does. Again, player experience goes a long way in picking that up.

A college OC almost has to be "hands-on". He has to tailor his plan to the various levels of player skill sets that constantly change. It helps if he knows what those individual skill sets are, but I digress. BoB coaches just like he's in the pros: "I went over the game plan and now they need to execute it." He expects the players to understand situations and adjust on their own and I dont think college players can for the most part do that.

So it's easier to "fall up" for him. Its how he coaches anyhow.

Hope this makes sense.

Reactions: Padreruf

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I may be wrong on this, and so look forward to some discussion, but I think it must be far easier to be an NFL OC than doing it in college. First, all you're dealing with are the best of the best, they know how to play and know that learning and doing their job is key to keeping it. Second, longevity. NFL doesn't have to start at ground zero and teach upwards - just their individual schemes. Makes it a lot easier seems to me. And third, then you let them play while you sit in the box with your hat on backwards doing whatever. They know what to do and if they don't, the position coaches on the field get their attention. Once you tailor a game plan to your players, all thats left is making adjustments for what the defense does. Again, player experience goes a long way in picking that up.

A college OC almost has to be "hands-on". He has to tailor his plan to the various levels of player skill sets that constantly change. It helps if he knows what those individual skill sets are, but I digress. BoB coaches just like he's in the pros: "I went over the game plan and now they need to execute it." He expects the players to understand situations and adjust on their own and I dont think college players can for the most part do that.

So it's easier to "fall up" for him. Its how he coaches anyhow.

Hope this makes sense.
Here's a really good video on the KC Chiefs offense and how complicated it can be...speaks to what you are saying about coaching college players:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I hear the earth is flat and there is no space, doesn't mean it is true.
Changes is coming, my friend. It just won't happen until after the Signing day and/or Bowl game. Just be patient and let things fall in place.

Saban has a track history of not hiring/let people go until after ESD and/or playoff game. Usually in the past, we've heard people were moving on prior to playoff games... but won't start working until after playoff. AS for as hiring someone, we normally would hear the rumblings of who's whos likely for certain positions after the ESD but nothing would be officially until Bama puts out a PR which normally would be in Jan....

I really think he has certain people in mind, and already talked to them and etc, but likely won't extend a formal offer until after ESD just to protect recruit class.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.