OC and DC replacement discussion

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Changes is coming, my friend. It just won't happen until after the Signing day and/or Bowl game. Just be patient and let things fall in place.

Saban has a track history of not hiring/let people go until after ESD and/or playoff game. Usually in the past, we've heard people were moving on prior to playoff games... but won't start working until after playoff. AS for as hiring someone, we normally would hear the rumblings of who's whos likely for certain positions after the ESD but nothing would be officially until Bama puts out a PR which normally would be in Jan....

I really think he has certain people in mind, and already talked to them and etc, but likely won't extend a formal offer until after ESD just to protect recruit class.
I believe it will happen after ESD...if he has persons in mind for the positions and IF those currently holding them wish to leave. Otherwise it would happen in January after the bowl games...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I follow Mac Jones' NFL career so I frequent several NE Patriots boards. Apparently, there is some real interest in bringing BOB back to their staff. Bill B's decision to let Matt Patricia run the offense has turned into a career embarrassing moment for Belichick and the masses in New England are having huge meltdowns.
Well Belichick has been making stupid decisions for awhile now and this is just the latest and most obvious one. There is now serious talk that Kraft is trying to pave the way for Brady returning to Foxboro because the offense has gotten so bad.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Changes is coming, my friend. It just won't happen until after the Signing day and/or Bowl game. Just be patient and let things fall in place.

Saban has a track history of not hiring/let people go until after ESD and/or playoff game. Usually in the past, we've heard people were moving on prior to playoff games... but won't start working until after playoff. AS for as hiring someone, we normally would hear the rumblings of who's whos likely for certain positions after the ESD but nothing would be officially until Bama puts out a PR which normally would be in Jan....

I really think he has certain people in mind, and already talked to them and etc, but likely won't extend a formal offer until after ESD just to protect recruit class.
I like this news. You have been saying it for a few days now so I can't wait for the official reports to come out.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I fully expect BOB to be gone because if he felt the need to tell a quarterback recruit that there is a possibility he will not be employed by Bama when he gets on campus, let's me know BOB is actively looking to leave, whether by choice, mutual agreement or Saban telling him to.

Petey Pie on the other hand, I have almost zero confidence he is going anywhere.

cjhadley

1st Team
Jan 1, 2007
Brewton, Alabama, United States
I fully expect BOB to be gone because if he felt the need to tell a quarterback recruit that there is a possibility he will not be employed by Bama when he gets on campus, let's me know BOB is actively looking to leave, whether by choice, mutual agreement or Saban telling him to.

Petey Pie on the other hand, I have almost zero confidence he is going anywhere.
Coach Saban has made two bad choices at Defensive Coordinater his last two choices. One with Tosh Lupoi and Pete Golding. Both of them were inside hires and I feel like he needs to look outside of the program if there is a change made and there needs to be a change made.

Reactions: TD7

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
My prediction is that BoB is gone, and it’s mostly because he knows he won’t have a quarterback like Bryce next year. But the real worry becomes whether we upgrade or regress further with the next hire.

But I suspect Pete is back. Until I see it I think Saban wants to prove something with Pete.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I am pretty confident coach Saban is smart enough to realize that the guys he has running the show on offense and defense are not cutting it. He does not have many years left to coach and he has never been fond of mediocrity. There is no way he allows things to stay status quo.
The problem is that Saban like everyone is getting older. Once you start feeling it you start to go towards things that are more comfortable than things that are very challenging. Alot of the moves on staff after 2017 and 2018 have been very conservative moves in which Saban had alot of Yes men instead of guys who fought back. With the exception of Sark, who is really the big name hire since 2018?

Saban still probably has another championship team coming up but I suspect we should be thankful for what we get and have got and start to temper our expectations.

squib

1st Team
Sep 24, 2005

Nope. I refuse to think he would be that unethical. There may be a change but it is not determined yet. I would like to think Saban is stubborn and loyal but he wouldn’t lie to a recruit about a certain change. I could be wrong. I hope not.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

This is strictly my opinion... I don't mind Golding staying as long Saban brings in people that can help Golding call better game, or bring in a co-dc to make things more smooth.

There have been so many talks on Pruitt... some from ppl connected and some with educated guess... I think that situation is delicate and nobody knows what is going to happen.. But if they somehow manage to bring pruitt on, I think it'll be as analyst.

Nope. I refuse to think he would be that unethical. There may be a change but it is not determined yet. I would like to think Saban is stubborn and loyal but he wouldn’t lie to a recruit about a certain change. I could be wrong. I hope not.
Wait what?

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
BoB is gone. Perfect timing for it too. New QB so that continuity we had hoped to have with BY just didn’t work. The QB won’t have that problem. I just hope that the next OC has a better feel for the game and I would love for the OL and RBs to he featured like years past.
I’ll give Kirby props for sticking to his philosophy for offense. While it isn’t as flashy so many defensive schemes like Bama’s have gone to match the basketball on grass offenses. Now the biggest problem teams are ones like UGA who can line up and maul you. There’s a reason why teams ran all over Bama this year.

BamaBoySince89

All-American
Aug 13, 2016
Harvest, AL
The minute we became a machine on offense, the defense became less effective. Now it makes a little sense why Kirby hasn’t had a Bryce or a Tua playing QB

If Golding is not gone, then it pretty much is what it is. We can only hope we have a efficient offense that can keep us in games if the defense plays like it did at times against LSU and Tennessee

Reactions: 2ndand26

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
The minute we became a machine on offense, the defense became less effective. Now it makes a little sense why Kirby hasn’t had a Bryce or a Tua playing QB

If Golding is not gone, then it pretty much is what it is. We can only hope we have a efficient offense that can keep us in games if the defense plays like it did at times against LSU and Tennessee
Kirby isnt purposely not getting a BY type of QB to help his defense. He'd give his right acorn to get a QB if BY's caliber. He is fortunate that Bennett, who will begin drawing social security next month, turned out how he did. Older QB's 22+ years old bring a huge advantage to an offense Joe Burrow, Mac Jones, Hendon Hooker and Stetson Bennett are recent examples.

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Kirby isnt purposely not getting a BY type of QB to help his defense. He'd give his right acorn to get a QB if BY's caliber. He is fortunate that Bennett, who will begin drawing social security next month, turned out how he did. Older QB's 22+ years old have a HUGE advantage bring a huge advantage to an offense Joe Burrow, Mac Jones, Hendon Hooker and Stetson Bennett are recent examples.
Exactly! Why do we think you can't have an explosive offense/passing attack and NOT have a great defense?

Heads up: nobody has to remind me about the "correlation" between running the ball and giving the defense time to rest. Plus, would you rather have 7 points or 3-4 minutes run off the clock (and possibly both!)? Plus, there's "the fact" that defense does not win games unless the offense can score several points first!

LittleLexi

Scout Team
Nov 7, 2022
Everyone, including myself, thinks BOB is gone. But who really wants this guy other than Saban? He really has not done anything to get an OC job in the NFL. I am fully prepared to suffer with the 2 current Coordinators for the next 2-3 years. Other than Major Applewhite, who has Saban just cut loose from a major coaching position?

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama

The fact no one is trying to steal Pete away speaks volumes.

Lucky Jack

Suspended
Sep 23, 2022
Everyone, including myself, thinks BOB is gone. But who really wants this guy other than Saban? He really has not done anything to get an OC job in the NFL. I am fully prepared to suffer with the 2 current Coordinators for the next 2-3 years. Other than Major Applewhite, who has Saban just cut loose from a major coaching position?
Bob's contract is up after the season.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Saban did not fire Applewhite, he left to go coach runningbacks at his alma mater.

Reactions: dtgreg

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.