OC and DC replacement discussion

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Here comes BamaHoops...😉
I honestly thought after him getting softball scoops epically wrong that he would stop acting like an insider. But I guess sometimes you just can’t quit.

Personally I don’t want Pruitt, but I think he’s definitely going to be on staff this year. But I don’t get paid to make multi million dollar decisions. I don’t think at this moment that he is going to be DC, but it’s more of a 45% sure and 45% unsure with 10% of a dual DC kinda opinion. But it’s 100% of just trusting the more reliable sources and understanding that the situation can change in a second.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoNC4Tubs

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
From CBS sports. Oklahoma 2022 offense
Team Statistical Rankings
RUSHINGPASSINGOVERALL
Off.219.8
(10th)
(44th)
13th
Alabama 2022 Offensive Ranking

Team Statistical Rankings
RUSHINGPASSINGOVERALL
Off.195.7
(30th)
(19th)
11th
This is anomy stats for Lebby... I think he was limited by Veneable.... Another reason why he wants out.

bamafaninbham

All-SEC
Jul 19, 2004
Homewood
The first twenty minutes of the Greg and Cole show seemed to be a rinse and repeat of their attitude from yesterday that Bama fans are stupid for wanting BoB out. That he was a good OC and us fans are just stupid. Those two seem to have great insight on all things football, but they are juuuussst a bit arrogant and condescending towards the audience that is paying their salaries by listening.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
The first twenty minutes of the Greg and Cole show seemed to be a rinse and repeat of their attitude from yesterday that Bama fans are stupid for wanting BoB out. That he was a good OC and us fans are just stupid. Those two seem to have great insight on all things football, but they are juuuussst a bit arrogant and condescending towards the audience that is paying their salaries by listening.
That's why I no longer listen.

Through their condescension they show just how ignorant they are. They are a lot like Tim Brando in that they truly seem to love the sound of their own voices.

Reactions: Ole Man Dan

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
we can do better than BoB, but we can also do worse.
True enough. The first half of the fix is done. The second half was always going to be the trickiest to nail down. We will just have to wait and see how it goes.

But I still believe BoB had to go. And what no one seems to be considering, most of all media people like GMac and Cole, is that BoB may have been on his way out no matter how things had gone. He had a 2 year contract. None of us know if his ultimate goal was to stop at Alabama for a couple of years while he waited for a desirable NFL job to open up.

Reactions: AlexanderFan

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
In this morning’s Birmingham News, Joseph Goodman had an interesting idea I hadn’t seen put forward (and no, I can’t believe I just typed that).

DeMeco Ryans as DC and HC in Waiting.

I’m not sure I like that, but only because the Head Coach In Waiting thing seems like a good idea in theory, but hasn’t worked well in practice. In fact, off the top of my head, I can’t think of a single time that it’s worked at all.

If he gets an NFL HC job and succeeds in it, I could, however, see DeMeco as Saban’s successor.

Reactions: NoNC4Tubs

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Cubelic actually singled me out, on air, with one of his condescending replies over a Twitter post not long after they created the Mac & Cube show. If you disagree with me that's okay but when you use your platform to belittle others, I'm done with you. I stated yesterday that I sometimes let them spill over after Morning Jox until I get annoyed then go to music. Same thing this morning but it only took about 5 minutes for the change.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
In this morning’s Birmingham News, Joseph Goodman had an interesting idea I hadn’t seen put forward (and no, I can’t believe I just typed that).

DeMeco Ryans as DC and HC in Waiting.

I’m not sure I like that, but only because the Head Coach In Waiting thing seems like a good idea in theory, but hasn’t worked well in practice. In fact, off the top of my head, I can’t think of a single time that it’s worked at all.

If he gets an NFL HC job and succeeds in it, I could, however, see DeMeco as Saban’s successor.
This is the most likely scenario, imo. I would be borderline shocked if Demeco Ryans was not a head coach in the NFL next season. I'm not sure his iron could get any hotter than it is now, so if he wants ANY shot at a head coaching position in the NFL, this would probably be the time to do so. I don't see him turning that down, especially seeing how many NFL teams are looking to hire a HC.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I believe this is the second time CNS is making a run at Lebby. The first time was at Ole Miss two years ago when we hired BOB IIRC. Think this will be a tough pull, but it could be Lebby feels he has “hitched his horse to the wrong wagon” with Venables? I think some of it may depend on how much leeway Lebby feels CNS will give him in running “his offense”.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.